DMOZ Internet Directory
Pests and Diseases
This category is for websites with information on the management and control of pests, weeds and diseases in crops.
For Specific Crops
Integrated Pest Management
[ Submit ]
- Large collection of information sheets on insects, arachnids, and nematodes occurring in Florida, arranged by common name, scientific name, and crop or habitat.
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- Part of U.S. Department of Agriculture. Site provides extensive information on animal and plant health/disease topics, USDA regulations, control of invasive species, agricultural chemicals, and related public health issues.
- Offers flytraps, as an effective and environmentally friendly way to reduce horse fly and deer fly populations. Wisconsin.
European House Borer
- The Western Australian Department of Agriculture describes this insect pest and the damage it causes to treated pine structures. Includes maps of infested areas, details of control measures, news and FAQ.
Pest Management and Identification
- Guidelines and information on pest and disease control and management, organised by crop plant. From University of California.
PestWeb - Pest Control Industry Website
- Specializing in links to pest control associations, education resources, government resources, manufacturers, distributors, industry news, products, online industry training and MSDS and Label viewing.
Natural Pest Control
- Links and information regarding natural pest control and environment friendly alternatives to chemicals.
Pest Control Portal
- Listings of jobs, equipment, companies, training and products.
Plant Disease Central
- Detailed descriptions of crop diseases commonly occurring in the western corn belt. Crops covered include corn, sorghum, wheat, soybean, dry bean and sugar beet. University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
Agrichemical and Environmental News
- A monthly newsletter on pest management and environmental issues from Washington State University. Includes IPM, biocontrol, organic and chemical management of weeds, diseases, insects and other crop pests.
The Study of Plant Disease Epidemics
- Details of a book of this name which deals with the study of the temporal and spatial dynamics of plant diseases in populations.
Plant Nematode Problems and their Control in the Near East Regions
- Various papers on nematodes and their control, provided by the FAO, with reports from individual countries in the region.
Colletotrichum dot org
- A weblog for those interested in research into anthracnose caused by colletotrichum species.
- The Home Grown Cereal Authority in the UK provides a service monitoring disease levels in winter wheat, winter oilseed rape, spring beans, winter barley and potatoes.
Exotic and Invasive Pests
- Provides information on insects and other arthropods, plant diseases, weeds and unwanted aquatic species that have arrived in California from elsewhere in the world.
The World’s Staple Crops and their Principal Diseases
- A list of important crops and the fungal, viral, nematode, bacterial and oomycete diseases that affect them.
Whiteflies: Control of Whiteflies
- Information on whitefly biology, the harm these insects cause, particularly under glass, and products and methods for controlling them.
Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC)
- Information about what IRAC is with useful links, news and up coming events.
- Offers high-quality reagents for the detection of plant diseases, and diagnostic testing services.
Pesticide Policy Project
- Promotes development and testing methodologies for crop protection policy reform, and provides information on alternative crop protection methods.
Phytosanitary Alert System
- The North American Plant Protection Organization provides up-to-date information on pest situations of significance in North America. In English and Spanish.
Online Information Service for Non-Chemical Pest Management in the Tropics
- OISAT aims to reduce the use of hazardous pesticides and increase support for community-based control over producing a sustainable food supply.
- The Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique provides a catalogue of crop diseases, a glossary of terms used in plant pathology and details of each crop and its main problems. In French and English.
Department of Entomology at Volcani ARO
- Descriptions of the research undertaken in insect management, taxonomy, ecology, toxicology and control.
NAPIS Pest Tracker
- Pest Tracker, from the National Agricultural Pest Information System (NAPIS), publishes distribution maps for pests of agricultural and forest commodities and provides links to pest news and information.
Center for Plant Health Science Technology
- The scientific support organization for the Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) division of the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS). Works to identify and evaluate pathways used by invasive plant pests and weeds that threaten American agriculture and natural resources.
National Plant Diagnostic Network
- This network was established to link plant and animal disease diagnostic facilities across the United States so as to enhance national agricultural security by quickly detecting introduced pests and pathogens.
Fungicide Resistance Action Committee
- FRAC works to prolong the effectiveness of fungicides liable to encounter resistance problems and to limit crop losses should resistance appear.
- Video documentaries on the biology and behavior of arthropod pests and natural arthropod enemies available to purchase.
Plant Health: Plant Protection and Quarantine
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service provide a program to safeguard agriculture and natural resources. It provides information on pests, plant imports and exports, permits and biosecurity.
Interpretation of Recommendations for Fungicide and Bactericide Usage
- Publication in question and answer format offering practical guidance.
Journal for Plant Diseases and Plant Protection
- Scientific Journal of the German Society of Plant Protection and Plant Health.
Pacific Northwest Pest Management Handbooks
- Information about prevention and treatment of plant diseases, weeds, and insects that occur in the northwestern area of the United States. From the Oregon State University.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Business : Chemicals : Agrochemicals
Business : Construction and Maintenance : Commercial Contractors
Pest and Disease Control
Home : Gardening
Home : Homeowners
Science : Biology : Botany
Conditions and Diseases
Health : Animal
Science : Biology : Botany
Pests and Diseases
Science : Agriculture : Forestry
Science : Biology
Science : Biology : Zoology
Science : Environment : Biodiversity
Shopping : Home and Garden
Society : Issues : Environment
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the