DMOZ Internet Directory
The science and technology of growing living things (plants and animals) for human consumption or use as pets, ornament, food, fiber, or construction material. Includes Forestry, Horticulture and Soil Science.
Birds, Insects, Laboratories, Mammals, Snails, ...
Algaculture, Alligators, Crustaceans, Finfish, ...
Coffee, Lavender, Tea
Cereals, Fiber Crops, Grassland, Hay and Forage, ...
Anadromous and Stream Fish, Marine Fisheries, ...
Academic Departments, Arboriculture, Bamboo, ...
Edible Fungi, Fruits, Herbs, Hydroponics, Ornamentals, ...
Pests and Diseases
Animal Pests, Associations, Biological Control, ...
Practices and Systems
Dryland Farming, Irrigation, Precision Farming, ...
Products and Services
Consultants, Seed Testing
Research Groups and Centers
Academic Departments, Erosion, Organizations, Physics, ...
Search the below web sites:
Search the below web sites:
CIAT: International Center for Tropical Agriculture
- Carries out research into agriculture and crops. Details of projects, regional activities, educational information, project databases.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Provides information, research and technology, and policies and programs to achieve security of the food system, health of the environment and innovation for growth.
National Institute of Agricultural Botany
- Independent UK body specialising in agriculture, horticulture and food. It supplies a number of services including consultancy, training, and technical advice to governments, supra-governmental agencies, agribusiness and farmers.
U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Describes its main functions, and with a collection of links on current agricultural news and research.
- Food and Agriculture Organization's agriculture website. Includes a news magazine plus guides and links to information on livestock, biotechnology, land/water development, crop production, plant protection, agricultural support systems.
Resource Centre on Urban Agriculture and Forestry
- Provides resources for the integration of agriculture into urban planning. Website holds a number of papers and links to related sites.
Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources, NAS/NRC
- Part of U.S. National Academy of Sciences and National Research Council. Topics on site include animal nutrition, pesticides, and federal funding of agricultural research.
The Small Farm Resource
- Aims to disseminate information of use to people with small farms or rural property. Topics include aquaculture, beekeeping, livestock, orchard and forage crops, and pests.
- Collection of PDF files and links, grouped by sector, providing an agricultural portal for products, services and information.
- Web-based food defence network designed to enable departments of agriculture and health, as well as laboratories, to communicate and coordinate with their peers in the US and Canada.
Agricultural Biodiversity Weblog
- Luigi Guarino and Jeremy Cherfas aim to include on this blog, nuggets of information on anything that relates to agrobiodiversity, and welcome contributions from others.
- The use of autonomous, small robots in agriculture is expected to revolutionize field work. Professional, university or school teams are invited to enter their robots for an open-air field contest.
- Online presence of Agra Informa, information specialists on soft commodities, agriculture and food policy, markets and trade.
COST Action 866: Green Care in Agriculture
- International co-operative project to increase scientific knowledge on the best way to implement green care in agriculture, through research and working groups.
- Online resource providing practical information and resources for starting, financing and running a small farm.
Agriculture and Food
Science : Biology : Biotechnology
Agriculture and Forestry
Science : Biology : Botany
Science : Technology
Society : Issues : Business
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the