DMOZ Internet Directory
Sites that teach or inform about chemistry and chemistry education, from grade school to college. Sites which seek to sell something should have significant, free chemistry education content to contribute.
Labs and Demonstrations
Personal and Class Pages
[ Submit ]
- Course originally intended to meet the needs of UK A level chemistry students but now widened to suit people on equivalent courses worldwide.
Comic Book Periodic Table
- Comics relating or referring somehow to various elements. Also has links to scientific information for each element.
- Basics of chemistry for all ages. It has sections on atoms, matter, the periodic table, and reactions.
The Chemistry Site
- Offering tutorials and interactive tests for collegiate introductory level chemistry as well as AP Chem.
Global Instructional Chemistry
- Collection of resources for supplementing chemistry lessons.
Academy of Alchemy (Chemistry)
- Self-paced and self-learning distance chemistry education. There is a cost for a 'hypertextbook' and a different cost for online tutoring, if requested.
- The science of water and how it gets turned into pseudoscience by promoters of dubious treatment schemes.
General Chemistry Online
- Rich resource for students and teachers of introductory chemistry. Includes interactive course guides and tutorials, an exam survival guide, reference tables, self-grading quizzes and exams, a searchable glossary, a question and answer board, answers to over 300 frequently asked questions, and a chemical trivia quiz.
Information about density determination
- Get the latest information about density determination, concentration tables in EXCEL format and exchange information with other people.
- Essays on chemistry topics.
Educational Resources for Particle Technology
- Tutorials designed to help students and industrial technologists understand powder or slurry behavior and diagnose and correct production problems.
- Outline of high school chemistry course curriculum with links to teacher generated assignments and pertinent web sites. Intended to help students and other chemistry teachers.
- Concept-based tests for use in chemistry. Includes suggestions for how the test can best be used in the instruction of chemistry students.
How to Pass Chemistry
- Advice to students on how to pass chemistry from one who has taught at the college level for many years.
National Mole Day
- Celebrated annually on October 23, Mole Day commemorates Avogadro's Number (6.02 x 10^23), which is a basic measuring unit in chemistry. Mole Day was created as a way to foster interest in chemistry.
Institute for Chemical Education
- Established to provide a center for science educators to develop and disseminate ideas. ICE is national in scope and has led the drive to help teachers revitalize science in schools throughout the United States.
- Worksheets, teachers and technicians notes for activities suitable for a Chemistry Club. Question sheets and practical guides for GCSE Chemistry. Interactive revision quizzes, puzzles and the Sc1 Tune-up Garage.
- A student made page with information about general chemistry, AP chemistry, organic chemistry and physical chemistry.
The Lab of Shakhashiri
- Chemistry professor Bassam Z. Shakhashiri shares the fun of science through home science activities, demonstration shows, videos and books.
Guide to Chemistry
- Discusses atoms and their components, the periodic table, its functions and the basic elements.
How Hydrogen Peroxide Foams
- Tells how and why hydrogen peroxide foams on cuts but not on skin.
- Search engine for chemistry sites for children and young adults. Includes information about New Zealand, and a stain removal guide as well as more general chemistry information.
Chemistry Help Pages from Technical Tutoring
- Help for common topics in college general chemistry.
Activities , Games and Quizzes in Chemistry
- Learn facts about the periodic table through quiz activities and games. Identify the chemical symbol given the element name, and the element name given the chemical symbol.
Stu's Guide to Atoms
- Educational site on the subject of atoms; an overview, history, and atomic structure.
Student Affiliates of the ACS, Towson University Chapter
- A group of chemistry major, minors, pre-med, pre-den, students and anyone else interested in chemistry at Towson University. This site has links to activities, meeting times, and a message bord for students of Towson University Chemistry classes.
Osmosis, Reverse Osmosis and Osmotic Pressure
- Short article on osmosis.
- Summary of the method with diagrams and equations. The Haber Process is a method of producing ammonia developed in WWI.
General Chemistry First Edition, by American Chemical Society
- Designed to help students review key concepts through interactive exercises, visualization, and other learning tools. Resources are organized by chapter and by content type.
- Developed by experienced science teachers to provide free chemistry tutorials designed for high school chemistry students. An additional members-only area is available for self-tests and their answers.
Chemistry Study Cards
- For AP and general chemistry classes, each of which covers most of a year's curriculum. Each set of cards is saved in pdf format for easy download.
Instructional Resources for Chemistry
- Annotated links to instructional materials and other resources of interest to chemistry teachers and course designers, carefully selected to represent what the author (a chemistry professor) considers to be the most useful and exemplary resources. Special emphasis is placed on CAI lessons, digital text, Web-based tutorials and similar materials that can serve as alternatives to traditional methods of instruction.
- Resources for teachers and students of chemistry including animated molecules and mole clip art.
- A collection of virtual labs, scenario-based learning activities, and concepts tests which can be incorporated into a variety of teaching approaches as pre-labs, alternatives to textbook homework, and in-class activities for individuals or teams. It is organized by a group of faculty and staff at Carnegie Mellon University.
Ask-A-Scientist Archive - Chemistry
- A list of thousands of chemistry questions answered by experts from the U.S. Argonne National Laboratory.
The Third Millennium Online - Chemistry
- Online textbook, lab activities, detailed information on selected topics, history sections including timelines and brief biographies.
The Culture of Chemistry
- "The Who, What, When, Where and Why of Chemistry". Weblog by Michelle Francl.
Chemistry of "Things Jamaican"
- Lecture materials for organic, inorganic and physical chemistry courses, as well as materials on the extraction of alumina from bauxite, the chemistry of spices, fermentation, and marine natural products, from The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus.
Cavalcade of Chemistry
- A chemistry resource for high school students, teachers, and homeschoolers. Free lesson plans (worksheets, handouts, labs) and tutorials provided.
Chemical Educational Foundation
- Educational outreach programs and chemical safety information through competitions and newsletters. Page includes list of events, publications and kids page.
The Chemogenesis Web Book
- Explores the science between the periodic table and the established disciplines of inorganic and organic chemistry.
Organic Reaction Quizzes and Summaries
- Designed to assist organic chemistry students in the review of the basic reactions.
Organic Chemistry Tutor
- Gives a brief but comprehensible introduction to organic chemistry.
Topics in Quantitative Chemical Analysis
- Course notes for Chemistry 230 at California State University, Dominguez Hills.
- Provides a web-centered learning environment for students of chemistry. Includes Powerpoint presentations and videos.
Ace Organic Chem.com
- Provides live, online organic chemistry help and review seminars prior to the student's final exam. Also provides books, videos and other educational material.
- Study material for chemistry courses. Students can place their homework help questions on the Chemistry Forum. Online tutoring available.
Dr. Roger Peters' AUFBAU1
- Dr. R. Peters teaching resource for 14 to 16 year old chemistry students.
- Aims to spread, produce, and confirm information about the synthesis, extraction, sources and biological activity of various chemicals. Includes a forum and members' pages.
- Online chemistry tools, forums, unit converters, symmetry tables, periodic table and chemical constants.
- Covers chemistry, its laws, processes, applications and subdisciplines in hundreds of illustrated articles.
- Educational site with tutorials explaining petrochemistry and steps taken to produce petrochemicals. Also includes industry statistics and product applications.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Personal and Class Pages
Education : K through 12 : Educators
Physical and Chemical Sciences
Libraries : Subject Specific : Science
Science : Biology
Science : Physics
Science : Technology
Science : Chemistry
Labs and Experiments
Education : K through 12 : School Safety
Science : Chemistry : Inorganic
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the