DMOZ Internet Directory
Babcock, Stephen Moulton
Brønsted, Johannes Nicolaus
[ Submit ]
Atomic Structure Timeline
- Presents the history of discoveries about the structure of matter. Created by Lee Buescher, Science Department, Watertown High School, Watertown, Wisconsin.
Chemical Heritage Foundation
- A non-profit foundation dedicated to preserving and making known the history of the chemical sciences.
Selected Classic Papers from the History of Chemistry
- Virtual library for the history of science, technology and medicine. Includes the full-text of more than 30 articles by authors including Priestley, Faraday, Davy, Rutherford and Thomson. Also a few historical and biographical articles, and a fairly extensive photo gallery.
History and Philosophy of Alchemy
- "90 megabytes online of information on alchemy in all its facets." Though alchemy is neither chemistry nor a science, it is a historical precursor to scientific chemistry as studied in schools today.
- The history and chemistry of orcein, orchil, litmus, parelle and French purple with extensive bibliography.
Early Ideas in the History of Quantum Chemistry
- Biographies of people involved in the early ideas of quantum chemistry, including interviews with fifteen of these people.
Detergent Chemistry: History
- A history of synthetic detergents and of the synthetic detergent industry.
History and Chemistry of Murexide Dye
- Text derived from Scheele, Prout, Liebig and Wohler.
Othmer Library of Chemical History
- sources from the 16th century on the history of the chemical sciences and technologies.
A and B Scott Science History
- History of development of atomic theory and periodic table; links from each scientist named to primary sources and more extensive biographical material.
Rediscovery of the Elements
- Photo tour of the places in Europe and North America where each of the chemical elements was first discovered.
Chemistry Related Antique Optical Instruments
- Provides illustrations of a collection of early optical instruments used in the chemical laboratory. The collection consist of spectroscopes, refractometers, and polarimeters. The instruments date from the late 19th to the early 20th century.
Society for the History of Alchemy and Chemistry (SHAC)
- Information on how to join the Society, its activities, journal and conferences.
History of Chemical Engineering
- Includes an introduction to chemical engineering and a brief history of the profession.
Elemental and Molecular Heritage: An Internet-Based Display
- A heavily hyperlinked "virtual museum" showing samples (and explaining the historical value) of chemicals, compounds, or elements which were made in the lab well over 100 years ago.
- Provides texts of several classic papers from the history of chemistry and links to related sites. Maintained by Carmen Giunta of Le Moyne College.
James Cutbush: An American Chemist, 1788-1823
- Project Gutenberg includes 1919 biography by Edgar Fahs Smith in ASCII text, HTML, and ebook-reader formats.
Nobel Prizes in Chemistry
- A listing of Nobel Prize winners in chemistry from 1901 to 1999.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the