DMOZ Internet Directory
Conditions and Diseases
Diabetes is a condition in which the body either cannot produce insulin or cannot effectively use the insulin it produces.
Foot Care, Hypoglycemia
Magazines and E-zines
Chats and Forums, Europe, North America
[ Submit ]
National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse
- Provides educational materials to increase knowledge and understanding about diabetes among patients, health care professionals, and the general public.
Joslin Diabetes Center
- Features news, patient services, professional education, research information, an online library, camps, and discussion groups.
- Describes the disease and covers glucose, insulin, diet, exercise, pills, complications, and research. Written by a Canadian physician.
- Learn about the different types of diabetes, disease management, become a part of the community, and find articles from experts. Includes news and resources.
- Provides a fact sheet addressing the causes, symptoms, preventions, and treatment available. Includes a self test.
MedicineNet: Diabetes Overview
- Medical information about diabetes therapies, complications, research, and treatment. Provides a support group and news via RSS feed.
National Diabetes Education Program
- Covers diabetes control, prevention, resources for children, and awareness campaigns. From the National Institute of Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Learn more about managing your condition, taking insulin, and their products used to treat type 1 and type 2.
Healing Handbook for Persons with Diabetes
- Presents chapters about the types of diabetes, how to cope, monitoring, exercise, diet, medication, foot care, traveling, and sick day management. Spanish and Hebrew additions also available.
Present Global Diabetes
- Online conference for diabetes care professionals. View lectures, connect with colleagues, and collaborate to learn.
- US-based online community provides advice, interviews, product sales, membership benefits, and events calendar.
- Allows you to see your blood sugar and HbA1c test results clearly, with statistics to help show the trends. Results can be entered by hand or automatically uploaded if you have a LifeScan / OneTouch meter. Log in is required to use this free tool.
Michigan Comprehensive Diabetes Center
- Contains information on managing diabetes, current research, personal stories from those who live with the disease, and news and events.
The Hormone Foundation: Diabetes
- Features an overview, symptoms, treatment options, lifestyle issues and prevention; as well as other diabetes-related resources.
Security Guidelines for Air Travel With Diabetes
- Travelers with a diabetic condition should be aware of recent airport security measures that may impact their ability to travel. [PDF]
- Offers dietary recommendations, including recipes and tips on managing blood sugar levels. From GlaxoSmithKline, United Kingdom.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Conditions and Diseases : Endocrine Disorders : Pituitary
Conditions and Diseases : Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders : Inherited
Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties
Medical Specialties : Obstetrics and Gynecology : Obstetrics
Health : Conditions and Diseases : Endocrine Disorders
Recreation : Camps : Special Needs
Shopping : Health : Conditions and Diseases
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the