DMOZ Internet Directory
F, Fortran 2003, Fortran 77, Fortran 90, Fortran 95
GCC Front Ends
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Fortran 2003, Fortran 77, Fortran 90 and 95
Biology, Chemistry, Fast Fourier Transforms, Graphics, ...
Automatic Differentiation, Code Analysis, Translators
[ Submit ]
- Self-help group of RISC OS users who use Fortran, mainly for scientific applications.
- Fortran compilers, tools and libraries, Mathematica, Tecplot, and consultancy services.
The Fortran Company
- Provides products, services, and training for the Fortran programming language and a collection of links, resources, and source code.
Linux Fortran Information Page
- Information about running Fortran codes under Linux, by Jeff Templon. Describes and compares the available compilers.
High Performance Computing: UCLA Plasma Simulation Group
- Links to papers on Object-Oriented Programming in Fortran 90, Optimization techniques for RISC processors, Parallel Particle-in-Cell Codes, Parallel Computing Tutorial, and Modernization of Fortran Legacy Codes.
- Fortran 90/95/2003 discussion group, with archived messages. Members of the Fortran standards committee and other experts participate.
Object-Oriented Programming in Fortran 2000
- Opinion essay on how object-orientation and genericity should be added to Fortran. By Werner W. Schulz.
Implementation of Object-Oriented Design With Fortran
- By J. Qiang, R. Ryne, and S. Habib R. Ryne.
Introduction to Pfortran
- Programming method to ease the job of writing parallel programs for massively parallel computers by providing constructs to coordinate non-local memory accesses. Central is an operator specifying location of off-processor variables and an operator for aggregate operations.
- List of resources by Clive Page.
Is the Quality of Numerical Subroutine Code Improving?
- Paper by Tim Hopkins, which can be downloaded in PostScript format.
Objexx - Fortran to C++ Conversion
- Service to convert Fortran 77 to fully ANSI/ISO compliant C++ to preserve the value of the code and existing documentation.
Cloudy's Journey from FORTRAN to C, Why and How
- Article describing why the Cloudy astronomy program was converted from Fortran to C.
- Discussion of Fortran on Mac OS X.
- A directory of Fortran resources including books, tutorials, compilers, and free software.
British Computer Society (BCS) Fortran Specialist Group
- Group provides an open forum for Fortran users, distributes information about Fortran, promotes the language, and encourages its development. Describes goals and activities of group and contains presentations from meetings.
Handling Arithmetic Errors in Fortran 2000
- Article by Jeanne Adams discussing various aspects of the exception-handling technical report.
- Fortran training and consultancy service. Provides information on courses, consulting, and books as well as general Fortran resources.
- An open venue for documenting and discussing all aspects of the Fortran programming language and scientific computing. Includes source code, tools, discussion, news, and an FAQ.
Fortran Resources and Compilers
- A collection of Fortran links compiled by H. D. Knoble.
- Addresses the Fortran language, its uses, profitability, standardization, further evolution, and the implementation of Fortran compilers. Published three times a year by the Association for Computing Machinery.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the