DMOZ Internet Directory
Philosophy of Science
[ Submit ]
Virtual Reality:Consciousness Really Explained
- A scientific hypothesis for the origin of mind based in evolutionary biology. Includes downloadable manuscript and a few graphics.
International Society for History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology
- ISHPSSB brings together scholars from diverse disciplines, including the life sciences, and the history, philosophy, and social studies of science.
Teleological Notions in Biology
- Entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Colin Allen.
Philosophy of Biology Web Pages
- Maintained by Michael R. Dietrich, of the Department of Biological Sciences, Dartmouth College; includes links to web sites and online articles dealing with the philosophy of biology and related subjects.
- Entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Marc Ereshefsky.
The Biological Notion of Self and Non-self
- Stanford Encyclopedia entry on the notion of the immune self; by Alfred Tauber.
Definition of Life
- Reviews and analyzes various attempts to define life in terms of negentropy and complexity theory.
- Discussion of how altruistic behavior by organisms fits with the theory of evolution; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Samir Okasha.
- Discussion of philosophical issues related to biological diversity; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Daniel P. Faith.
If Horses Had Hands
- A philosophy paper by Tom Tyler examining the arguments on the concept of anthropomorphism.
A Palindrome: Conscious Living Creatures as Instruments of Nature; The Latter as an Instrument of the Former.
- A palindromic relationship is reported between astrophysical-biological evolution and mind-possessing living creatures in it. Essay by Mario Crocco.
Theoretical Biology and Philosophy of Biology
- A list of persons, institutes, research groups and journals within theoretical biology, philosophy and history of biology, and related areas of research.
Cognition and Biological Evolution
- Idealist philosophy resolves a fundamental paradox in the materialist account of evolution. Essay by Axel Randrup.
Biology and Philosophy
- Permits access to the table of contents for each of the archived issues of this journal. Also includes information for authors.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the