DMOZ Internet Directory
Grant Making Foundations for education may provide grants for:
people pursuing education other than undergraduate or post-graduate higher ed
support of educational institutions
development of educational programs
[ Submit ]
National Endowment for Financial Education
- Foundation dedicated to the mission of helping all Americans acquire the information and gain the skills necessary to take control of their personal finances. Offers grants and fellowships.
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- This association promotes the exchange of students and scholars to and from the US by offering awards and scholarships.
The Ball Foundation
- Provides research and development tools for educational systems throughout the US such as aptitude battery tests; features include information on career and education initiatives, tools and techniques and partnerships.
- Established to make increased educational opportunities for club management possible.
Belgian American Educational Foundation
- Fellowships for Belgians to study or do research in the U.S.A. or for Americans to study or do research in Belgium. Also offers an Alumni Award.
William T. Grant Foundation
- Working to create a society that values young people and enables them to reach their full potential. It pursues this goal by investing in research and in people and projects that use evidence-based approaches.
University of Minnesota Foundation
- Advances the University's mission by raising and managing private dollars for scholarships, world-class faculty, leading-edge research, new facilities, and academic programs.
Jesse Owens Foundation
- Financial assistance to students attending Ohio State University. Provides application forms and requirements of participants, as well as information on Owens.
Mannix Canby Foundation
- Funds nonprofits and schools helping the at-risk and under-served youth of Puget Sound, Washington. Describes funding criteria and lists past recipients.
Lumina Foundation for Education
- Focuses on education after high school, including community colleges, adult education, and lifelong learning. Describes granting guidelines, with research reports and news.
The Teagle Foundation
- Supports new thinking in higher education, including liberal arts and assessment and measurement, as well as funding social programs in New York City. Describes programs, staff and directors, and history.
James S. Kemper Foundation
- Focuses on small, private undergraduate colleges, with a particular emphasis on liberal arts education and its relationship to careers in business. Provides guidelines and annual report.
The J & M Foundation
- Primarily funds higher education in the US and Israel. Lists grantees and provides application.
- Netherlands-based organization works with Tanzanian communities to improve primary education infrastructure, as well as provide scholarships for secondary vocational education. Describes methodology and volunteers, with progress reports from communities.
The NEA Foundation for the Improvement of Education
- Grants to public schools and employees for professional development, teacher retention, arts education, and improving achievement for minority students. Describes each program's requirements and provides publications of research.
The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation
- Independent, nonprofit organization, attempts to maximize human potential through education. The Foundation seeks to sponsor excellence in education and thus develop a new generation of leaders.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- US. Provides information and application materials for grants and scholarships for high school and college students.
Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- TMCF supports and represents students attending its member-schools that include publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), medical schools and law schools.
James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation
- The Foundation offers James Madison Fellowships to a select group of individuals desiring to become outstanding teachers of the American Constitution.
SME Education Foundation
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation. Provides grants and scholarships to students and others who support their mission.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Reference : Education : Colleges and Universities
Education : K through 12 : Supplemental Funding
Reference : Education
Scholarships and Grants
Society : Law : Education
Organisations : Fundraising : Grant-Making Foundations
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the