DMOZ Internet Directory
[ Submit ]
- Encourage stewardship for and sustainable use of all areas of the water environment. Provides information on projects, events and resources.
UK Water Industry Research
- Facilitates research for the water industry in the United Kingdom. Scope of work covers drinking water, sewage, sludge, treatment, and regulation.
Water and Conflict
- Insight to role of water in conflict and co-operation. Water, politics, and conflict in the Middle East with a focus on the Jordan River basin. Section on (inter)national water law in general, conferences, articles.
Institute for Water Resources (IWR)
- Provides the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers with water resources development planning. Provides news, events, publications and resources.
Center for Watershed Protection
- Provides practical and technical information for people and communities interested in protecting and restoring urban watersheds.
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to the protection and restoration of North America's rivers.
- Trains Nationals to drill safe drinking water wells and build water pumps (handpumps).
- They link donors to partner organizations that help communities design and construct their own sustainable water supply systems.
WWF's EU Fisheries Campaign
- WWF, the conservation organization, is campaigning for radical reform of Europe's fisheries policy. Provides news and information on over fishing.
Clean Water Action
- A national citizens' organization working for clean, safe, and affordable water, and prevention of health-threatening pollution.
Clean Water Fund
- Clean Water Fund, a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit, brings diverse communities together to work for changes that improve our lives, promoting sensible solutions for people and the environment.
- Provides valuable water conservation tips for Georgia landscaping, as well as suggestions for native drought-tolerant plants and Southern-style xeriscape designs.
Raritan Basin Watershed Management Project
- Watershed management project for the 1,100 square mile Raritan River Basin in central New Jersey.
Water for Life.NET
- Water for Life helps protect rural economies dependent upon irrigation water, and helps farmers and ranchers preserve the environment.
Water, Use It Wisely
- Offers several suggestions to save water.
A Canal To Save The Salton Sea
- Advocates building a sea level canal to save the dying Salton Sea in opposition to several stopgap remedies proposed by the federal government.
Clean Water and Oceans - NRDC
- Provides information on water issues including oceans, pollution, drinking water, everglades, conservation and restoration.
American Water Relief
- Nonprofit organization for the improvement of life in poor countries of the Americas, through the provision of water and sanitation services. Group raises funds to assist with creating water systems. Provides brochure and contact information.
Water Infrastructure Network
- WIN is dedicated to preserving and protecting the health, environmental and economic gains that America's drinking water and wastewater infrastructure provides. Provides news and resources.
Living Water International
- Dedicated to providing clean drinking water to those in need. Provides description of services, reports, video clips and donation information.
World Water Assessment Programme
- A UN-wide program which seeks to achieve a better understanding of those basic processes, management practices, and policies that will help improve the supply and quality of global freshwater resources.
Citizens for Safe Water Around Badger (CSWAB)
- Wisconsin organization advocating expedient cleanup of contamination at Badger Army Ammunition Plant and to preserve and protect water resources. Description of current campaigns, media references, newsletter, and volunteer information included.
Natural Resources Defense Council - Oceans
- Information on beach pollution, water quality, and threats to the oceans and the life forms that inhabit them.
Guardian Unlimited - Special Report: Water
- Ongoing collection of news and features about water nationally and worldwide including the issues of drought, flooding, clean drinking water and conservation. Includes special investigation done with WaterAid.
International Campaign Against Microbeads in Cosmetics
- Plastic microbeads in personal care products are so small that wastewater plants can't filter them, and the beads end up in the ocean. Includes lists of products that do or don't contain microbeads.
The Clean Water Network
- An alliance of over 1000 organization that endorse our platform paper, the National Agenda for Clean Water. The Agenda outlines the need for strong clean water safeguards in order to protect public health and the environment.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the