DMOZ Internet Directory
This category contains websites related to all forms of noise considered pollution.
Airport-specific Regulations, ...
[ Submit ]
- Mainly a business directory, but also a source of good information.
UK Noise Association
- UK voluntary non-charitable campaigning organisation that also carries out research and produces publications.
- Campaigns in Britain and internationally against piped music in public places.
Honku: Haiku about Traffic Noise
- An international movement grown from one man's therapeutic exercise to alleviate the pain and suffering caused by too many honking vehicles outside his apartment window in Brooklyn, New York.
Hearing Damage and Loud Music
- On the relationship between loud noise and ear damage, with particular reference to young people and loud music.
Noise Abatement Society
- Promotes ways to combat antisocial noise. The Society's annual John Connell Awards recognize local initiatives to address noise complaints.
Right to Quiet Society
- Vancouver (British Columbia) nonprofit society for soundscape awareness and protection, working to raise awareness of the value, benefits, and difficulties in obtaining quiet.
The Noise Consultancy, LLC
- Noise consulting services to municipalities, industry and impacted residents, including: sound studies; ordinance development; enforcement issues; acoustical modeling; planning and zoning; impact statements; private and public nuisance advocacy.
Alaska Quiet Rights Coalition
- Dedicated to protecting the rights of Alaskans to quiet places for the benefit of public land users, private property owners, and visitors.
Farm Noise and Hearing Project
- South Australian network of farmers and health professionals promoting hearing conservation in rural communities.
Noise Pollution Clearinghouse
- An information resource with online database. Campaigns on specific noise issues and distributes "Quiet Zone" newsletter. Offers CD demonstrating worst noise offenders. Often quoted by major media.
Noise Center at the Center for Hearing and Communication
- A not-for-profit organization promoting hearing conservation and noise awareness through education, advocacy and outreach.
Noise Free America
- NFA's monthly "Dirty Dozen" awards spotlight worst noise polluters.
Quiet Use Coalition
- Quiet use of wilderness areas is presented as a normal use and argues against enabling gas engine, motorized machines in the quiet, national forests in U.S.
Rutgers Noise Technical Assistance Center
- Providing training in sound level measurement for enforcement of municipal noise codes, the center has been providing assistance for over 35 years.
Stress and Noise
- Franklin Institute Report.
International Commission on Biological Effects of Noise
- Sponsoring international congresses every 5 years since 1968, this organization's members are recognized as the leading authorities on the subject of noise and health.
Loud Car Stereos
- Bulletin from the Center for Problem-Oriented Policing.
- Coalition of world citizens combating the urban blight of unwanted human-created sound that is annoying, distracting, painful, or physically harmful.
- Practical information and a variety of approaches for dealing with everyday noise problems.
- Describes solutions for noisy neighbours: What can be done, how to deal with the situation and what the law says in the UK. Includes discussion forum.
- Reviews of places without piped music. Includes restaurants, pubs, hotels, and places to relax, shop, and meet. Reviews submitted by members of the UK-based Pipedown campaign.
GrowNYC's Noise Abatement Committee
- New York City non-profit organization offering assistance to anti-noise groups in the United States and abroad.
Noise & Health
- An inter-disciplinary international journal devoted to research on all aspects of noise and its effects on human health.
Scientific Interdisciplinary Ecology and Noise Committee
- Argentina group promoting public noise awareness and advising citizens and city officials on noise problems.
UK Legislation - Noise Act 1996
- Full text of UK act regarding noise emitted from dwellings at night.
- Noise Control Engineering information and activities worldwide. Includes quarterly magazine, member societies, technical reports, and announcements of meetings and conferences.
Noise and the Noise Control Act
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) documents concerning federal noise control.
Noise and Traffic
- Information on effects of noise on people, noise regulations and standards, and control of noise production by vehicles and machinery.
Citizens Against Noise (C.A.N.)
- Militant movement in Los Angeles fighting noise of all kinds.
- Education campaign of the US National Institutes of Health to increase awareness among parents about causes and prevention of noise-induced hearing loss; encourages children to adopt healthy hearing habits.
Noise nuisances: how councils deal with complaints (UK DEFRA)
- How UK councils deal with complaints about noise at night, intruder alarms, construction noise, and loudspeakers in the street.
The EU Policy on Environmental Noise
- European Commission policy and directive on noise reduction. Includes links to full text of key papers.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Noise and Vibration Control
Business : Environment
Health : Conditions and Diseases : Communication Disorders
Acoustics, Ultrasound and Vibration
Science : Technology
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the