DMOZ Internet Directory
Science in Society
Critical evaluation of alternative science, paranormal phenomena, news reports about science, etc.
News and Media
Shroud of Turin
[ Submit ]
- Laboratory at the University of Nice where paranormal phenomena are studied.
The Skeptic's Dictionary
- Skeptical definitions and essays on occult, paranormal, pseudoscientific ideas and practices with references to skeptical literature.
- The Journal of Strange Phenomena. Online version of the print magazine.
X-Project Paranormal Magazine
- Web e-zine featuring a series of skeptical articles.
The Skeptics Society
- The Skeptics Society is a scientific and educational organization of scholars, scientists, historians, magicians, professors and teachers, and anyone curious about controversial ideas, extraordinary claims, revolutionary ideas and the promotion of science.
- About well understood phenomena which are persistently presented incorrectly by teachers and writers.
- Netherlands foundation for information on social problems and occult tendencies.
- Weekly internet relay chat for skeptics.
Skeptical Information Links
- Links to materials for skeptics, and about skepticism.
Skeptical Pages by Tommy Persson
- Links to newsletters, organizations, and websites.
- Dedicated to debunking all manner of dubious claims.
Skeptic Friends Network
- Examines a variety of claims with emphasis on debunking "creation science."
- Monitors the media in search of misleading numbers in news, politics and science.
Crank Dot Net
- Skeptic provides categorized directory, both alphabetical and hierarchical, to a variety of kooks, cranks, loons, and crackpots on the net.
Danny's Skeptic Resources List
- Features list and highlights of skeptical information available on the web.
Astronomical Pseudo-science: A Skeptic's Resource List
- A bibliography from the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, for those who want to examine with a skeptical eye some of the claims at the fringes of science that seem connected to astronomy.
- Experts test claims on subjects including dinosaurs, creation/evolution, and cryptozoology.
- E-zine featuring writings on skeptical inquiry and critical thinking. Also lists related books and provides links to numerous websites on topics including skepticism, alternative science, creationism, and health fraud.
- Criticism of skepticism, including information about fraud in mainstream science and questioning of the methods and motives of skeptics.
What is pseudoscience?
- How it differs from science, how to spot it. Junk science, pathological science, quackery and pseudoscientific scams.
- Skeptic articles, information, books from Tony Youens - parapsychology investigations.
The Skeptic Magazine
- United Kingdom publication, taking a skeptical look at pseudoscience and claims of the paranormal.
The Skeptic Tank
- The Skeptic Tank is a BBS which maintains extensive archives on scientifically questionable groups, individuals, and ideologies. Message board and articles.
A Skeptical Manifesto
- Article by Michael Shermer defines and discusses skepticism. Includes a section that asserts a skeptic can also be open to scientific reason. Written in 1992.
- Frequently asked questions about the sci.skeptic newsgroup.
The Crackpot Page
- "Dedicated to all the Flat Earthers, Circle Squarers, Angle Trisecters, Cube Halvers, Perpetual Motion Mechanics, UFO and Elvis sighters, and all the other true believers who adamantly refuse to accept mathematical or physical proof that their convictions are untenable."
In Pursuit of Reality
- A skeptical look at auras, Kirlian photography, reincarnation, spiritualism, astral projection, and astrology.
The Work of Michael Shermer
- Dr. Shermer is founding publisher of Skeptic magazine, columnist for Scientific American, and Adjunct Professor of Economics at Claremont Graduate University. Site contains essays, columns, reviews and multimedia clips.
- Skeptical articles about the occult, paranormal, and pseudoscience.
Gary P. Posner, M.D.
- Founder of the Tampa Bay Skeptics.
- Collaborative wiki examining current issues in science and society from a philosophical perspective.
- This websites debunks most UFO sightings but also questions a possible spiritual connection. Includes papers on various aspects of paranormal activity and pseudo-science.
SCEPCOP: The Scientific Committee to Evaluate Pseudo-Skeptical Criticism of the Paranormal
- The world's first organized counter-skeptic group, exposing and debunking the arguments of pseudo-skeptics and their organizations and publications.
- A forum to discuss everything related to scientific skepticism. Specializes in science, atheism and debunking irrational beliefs.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Anomalies and Alternative Science
Philosophy : History of Philosophy : Ancient
Society : Religion and Spirituality
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the