DMOZ Internet Directory
This category covers the science and study of the cultivation of grapevines and the production of wine from grapes.
Pests and Diseases
[ Submit ]
Oregon Low Input Viticulture and Enology (LIVE)
- A sustainable agriculture program providing vineyards and wineries with official recognition for agricultural practices that are modeled after international standards of integrated production.
UC Davis Department of Viticulture & Enology - US
- Academic study of winemaking from the University of California, Davis.
Central Coast Vineyard Team
- Promotes environmentally and economically sustainable vineyard practices on the Central California Coast.
Northwest Berry & Grape Information Net
- This Oregon State University site has an information and communications resource for the berry and grape industries of the Pacific Northwest.
Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute
- The site features information about the Institute, Faculty research activities, academic information, as well as news about the Industry.
The American Vineyard Foundation
- Nonprofit supporting research in viticulture and wine making
Texas Winegrape Network
- An information and communications resource for commercial grape growers.
American Society of Enology and Viticulture
- Information on the society, research and online copies of the society's journal.
Viticulture Home Page - Iowa State University
- Articles and bulletins relating to general viticulture. Also events and methodology specific to the American Midwest and similar climates.
National Wine and Grape Industry Centre
- This Australian organisation aims to assist the national industry by means of research, education, training and extension.
Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI)
- Provider of research and development services to the Australian wine industry. Resource sections include project summaries, agrochemical information, analytical services and technical conference overview.
- Provides information on vine varieties, clones and rootstocks, planting a vineyard, wine making and tasting. Also offers grafted vines, accessories and equipment for sale.
The Concord Grape Association
- Represents processors of Concords and manufacturers of products derived from Concords. Health information, recipes, and miscellaneous facts.
University of Minnesota Grape Breeding and Enology Projects
- Development of hardy, disease resistant, quality wine grape varieties, optimization of enological processing and laboratory procedures, and outreach to area wineries and vineyards.
- Information on the research program at the National Wine and Grape Industry Centre in Australia.
New Plants for Florida: Grape
- Information on the achievements made by scientists at the Florida Agricultural Experiment Station resulting in the development of disease-resistant varieties and the improvement of fruit quality.
Journal International des Sciences de la Vigne et du Vin
- Publishes original peer reviewed research reports, short research notes and review papers in the fields of vine-growing, oenological science and fruit technology.
Vine to Wine Guide
- Downloadable course providing information on growing grape vines and making wine.
Grape Growing Guide
- Provides information on starting a vineyard, grape cultivation, making home-made wine and finding nursery supplies.
University of Stellenbosch: Viticulture and Oenology and the Institute for Wine Biotechnology
- Extensive information on university courses and applications of viticulture in South Africa.
- Vineyard management guide, source of over 600 original grape variety photos, and directory of grapevine sources and vineyard supplies.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Science : Agriculture : Horticulture
Recreation : Food : Drink
Winemaking and Viticulture
Drink : Wine : Guides and Directories
Magnoliophyta : Magnoliopsida : Vitaceae
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the