DMOZ Internet Directory
Society and Culture
[ Submit ]
Partnership for Open Society
- A coalition of independent and influential NGOs, donors, and international agencies in Armenia and Diaspora which serves to promote and safeguard the democratic reform process in Armenia.
Armenian Red Cross Society
- Information on the history of the Red Cross, its mission and activities.
Scientific and Educational Center for National Development
- Includes mission statement, information about current and past projects.
Global Developments Fund
- Supports the reform and development process of vocational education. Includes a list of projects and publications.
- A charity organization providing help for the elderly, refugee and other vulnerable layers of the population.
Jinishian Memorial Foundation
- A charitable organization striving to enable Armenians in need to move from poverty and despair to self-sufficiency and hope through relief, development and spiritual uplift.
Civic Development and Partnership Foundation
- Organization's mission is to foster development of civil society of Armenia through strengthening institutional capacities of non-profit organizations.
- Works to stimulate respectful dialogue between societies of conflicting parties, with a long-term goal of contributing to a peaceful resolution and prevention of conflicts.
French Armenian Development Foundation
- About the foundation, media corner, funding opportunities, partners, and vacancies.
The Future is Yours
- Charitable social non-governmental organization.
Armenian International Policy Research Group
- An association that researches and encourages the discussion of public policy issues in Armenia and the diaspora.
Society Without Violence
- The vision of the organization is to have well-educated and developed young people for the formation of open, civil society without violence.
Freedom of Information Center
- Center's main task is to defend people's constitutional right to have access to information.
International Center for Human Development
- Public policy think-tank promoting democratic and liberal market values. Includes information on publications, projects, partners and events.
Armenian Relief Society
- Serves the social and educational needs of Armenian communities, provides emergency relief and healthcare services. Features purposes, history, structure, activities, local and regional projects, news and press releases.
- A fund promoting development and application of information and telecommunication technologies.
Armenian Volunteer Corps
- Provides individuals in the Diaspora the opportunity to volunteer for short or long-term service in the homeland. Features mission statement, program outline, job opportunities, an application form, and stories.
Fund for Armenian Relief
- Features information about projects and news.
- A NGO providing psychological and legal assistance to people in most unfavorable conditions, including orphans, refugees, disabled, and homeless individuals. Mission statement, news, archive and information on Paros Chamber Choir.
- Organization's mission is to divert children from the streets and engage them in academic, cultural, and extra-curricular activities.
Partnership and Teaching
- The mission of the organization is education and partnership for the sake of the civil society development.
- A youth focused community based organization promoting positive social change through education, advocacy and direct service delivery that develop healthy spirit, mind and body.
Armenian Atlantic Association
- An organization that aims to foster Armenia’s links with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and promote better understanding within Armenia of NATO’s mission and activities.
International Center for Agribusiness Research and Education
- Offers undergraduate and graduate programs for preparing students to assume leadership roles in food and agribusiness and other related industries.
- Presents statistics on the freedom of information situation in Armenia.
Protection of Rights Without Borders
- An organization of human rights and legal professionals, which is engaged in monitoring, advocacy, awareness raising and strategic litigation.
Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development
- Spin-off of the Urban Institute (Washington D.C.) team. The site has links to the organization’s activity areas, projects, services, and networks.
- Mission: to promote good governance through reducing corruption and strengthening democracy.
Hrayr Maroukhian Foundation
- A social democratic think tank whose aim is to encourage public debate and promote equality, freedom and democracy.
- A non-profit organization with a goal of strengthening socio-cultural exchanges between Europe and Armenia in sustainable development.
- The center strengthens the organizational and institutional capacities of civil society entities and promotes their increased profile.
- Provides information about volunteers and volunteerism, as well as opportunities that exist to become involved as a volunteer.
Information Disputes Council
- Objective of the council is to protect the freedom of speech, information availability, as well as to protect human dignity and the right of personal life.
Youth Initiative Centre
- Assists in the development of the civic activism of the youth through promoting youth initiatives and active participation.
- Independent think tank.
Eiva Arts Foundation
- Foundation is aimed at promoting the protection of human rights and raising the awareness of the current social issues through the medium of contemporary art and visual media.
Media Center Organization
- The main mission of the organization is to facilitate dialogue, discussion and debates between civic groups experts, politicians and media and to establish a culture of debates.
- Centers improve awareness among the public and governmental authorities by disseminating environmental information and carrying out numerous educational and training projects relevant to the implementation of the Aarhus convention.
- An organization whose goal is to promote civil society and democracy.
- Information on projects and reforms that the organization is involved in.
Open Government Partnership
- An international initiative that aims to secure concrete commitments from governments to their citizenry to promote transparency, empower citizens, fight corruption, and harness new technologies to strengthen governance.
Corporate Governance Center
- An organization whose mission is the promotion of international progressive practices and principles of corporate governance.
Round Table Foundation
- An ecumenical organization which works to actively contribute to the poverty eradication, sustainable community development, active involvement of the church in the social work, and overall development of civil society.
- An organization that uses crowdfunding to fund various community projects.
Repair the Future
- Intercultural dialogue project between the civil societies of Turkey, Armenia and the Armenian Diaspora.
- A social venture incubator; a space for identifying social challenges, testing ideas and nurturing ventures.
Open Society Foundations
- Established to assist democratic transformations. Includes annual reports, forms, information on programs, and list of grantees.
Public Monitoring Group
- Group monitors the protection of rights of the inmates and persons under the oversight of penitentiary bodies.
Eurasia Partnership Foundation
- Foundation's mission is to empower people to effect change for social justice and economic prosperity through hands-on programs, helping them to improve their communities and their own lives.
Safe Soldiers for a Safe Armenia
- An initiative aimed at preventing human rights violations in the armed forces.
- An organization aimed at improving the agriculture.
It’s Your Choice
- Organization's mission is to support democratic processes, formation of the civic society, local government system and transparency of electoral processes.
- A site that describes the history of Mousa Dagh resistance and offers news to the communities of the descendants from Mousaler and Anjar.
Foundation Against the Violation of Law
- An organization working to promote and protect fundamental human rights and freedoms.
- An institution which focuses on the democratization of man-made environment development process by advocating the community involvement.
- Voluntary service of Armenia – republican headquarters of student brigades.
Center for Humanitarian Demining and Expertise
- Aim of the organization is to conduct demining activities, identify and remove the placed but unexploded mines.
- A pilot project that serves as a communication and education tool.
- Fosters sustainable civil society development.
Cross of Armenian Unity
- A charitable cultural organization that provides social initiatives and care and support for orphans.
- An organization that helps young women, orphans or from single parent families, to face professional and social challenges.
World Vision Armenia
- Armenian branch of World Vision International, a Christian relief and development organization. Offers country overview, information on projects by region and latest news.
- A research, training and consultancy center aimed to efficiently develop social, economical, public, political, and other areas through provision of research, education and counseling services.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the