DMOZ Internet Directory
Groups focused on Gastronterology and Hepatology.
[ Submit ]
Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Professional society and CME meeting, representing board certified surgeons who use endoscopy and laparoscopy as an integral part of their treatment of patients.
American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Represents gastroenterologists, surgeons, and other digestive health specialists who are committed to diagnosis and treatment of GI disease through the appropriate use of endoscopic techniques.
American College of Gastroenterology
- Organization involved in study and treatment of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. The College promotes medical education and attempts to meet the needs of clinical gastroenterology practitioners.
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Includes information on certification, examinations, policies, and publications of the ABIM subspecialties (eg. internal medicine, gastroenterology).
International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD)
- A nonprofit education and research organization whose mission is to inform, assist, and support people affected by functional gastrointestinal disorders or bowel incontinence.
American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
- A nonprofit, member organization serving the educational and scientific needs of its physicians, researchers, and scientists, who are striving to prevent and cure diseases of the liver and biliary tract.
Alpha 1 Association
- Organization which attempts to identify those affected by alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency and to improve their quality of their lives through support, education, advocacy and research.
North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Advances the understanding of the normal development and physiology of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver in infants, children, and adolescents.
American Liver Foundation
- Provides information about liver in health and disease, research funding, and patient related information.
International Liver Transplantation Society
- Organization focused on promoting education and research by disseminating and exchanging information related to liver transplantation within the medical community, as well as to the public
American Gastroenterological Association
- Organization of physicians, researchers and educators whose primary practice or research involves the functions and disorders of the digestive system. Provides information on new developments, jobs available, and a free medicine database.
CCFA: Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
- American organization focused on improving the quality of life of people with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis through research. Provides information for both physicians and patients.
Canadian Association of Gastroenterology
- Organization of gastroenterology practitioners and researchers based in Canada.
Digestive Disease Week
- Organization of practitioners focused on digestive diseases.
Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- The objectives of the society are to stimulate and foster the development of surgical techniques with a focus on diseases of the alimentary tract. Includes practice guidelines for a few digestive diseases.
Helicobacter Pylori Foundation
- Dedicated to providing latest information about Helicobacter pylori, its diagnosis, treatment and clinical correlations.
Canadian Digestive Health Foundation
- Dedicated to public education and promoting research to improve quality of life of Canadians with digestive disorders and their families.
American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP)
- National medical society of licensed physicians offering specialized programs in the medical treatment of obesity (bariatrics), weight loss and dieting.
American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Society of board certified surgeons. Promotes the science and practice of treatment of patients. Search for a surgeon, research, newsletter, and membership information.
The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the highest standards for the practice of laparoscopy, endoscopy and minimally-invasive surgery.
Digestive Disease National Coalition
- The DDNC is an advocacy organization comprised of the major national voluntary and professional societies concerned with digestive diseases. Read about the organization and their mission and goals.
European Association for the Study of the Liver
- Promotes hepatology research, public awareness of liver disease, and physician education. Publishes 'The Journal of Hepatology.' Selected articles available online.
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Conducts and supports research on kidney, urologic, hematologic, digestive, metabolic and endocrine diseases, as well as on diabetes and nutrition.
Pediatric / Adolescent Gastroesophageal Reflux Association (PAGER)
- Non-profit organization that provides information and support to parents, patients and doctors about Gastroesophageal Reflux (GER).
World Gastroenterology Organisation
- Organization with focus on development of gastroenterology worldwide by supporting interaction between affiliated gastroenterological associations and by supporting research, education and ethics.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Health : Organizations
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the