DMOZ Internet Directory
A piece of writing that has been encrypted or encoded. Typically, it is your job to decode the writing.
[ Submit ]
American Cryptogram Association: Crypto Drop Box
- Sample journal issue, links to member homepages, subject-related graphics, subscription information, and resources.
OneAcross - Cryptograms
- Solving tool through web browser. Allows entry of a phrase, or selection from "easy, medium, or hard" quotations taken from the Linux fortune collection. Also features the ability to send cryptogram-encoded messages via email.
- Ancient Greek mythological themes. Solutions listed separately, along with stories about the mythical characters in the puzzle.
Cryptogram Solver Source Code
- Source code archive with several programs to automatically solve puzzles. Also includes "crypo-quote" of the day.
- Ten problems with solutions taken from famous sayings, adages, and proverbs. By William F. Bultas.
- Collection with browser-based solver tool. Includes hints. After deciphering the hidden quotation, solvers must derive the author's name from the cipher-quote letter pairs to complete their puzzle task. [Requires Java]
All-Star Puzzles' Cryptograms
- Daily problems with browser based solver. The author's name is hidden in the cipher alphabet. [Requires Java]
- A new problem every week.
- Puzzles featuring a portrait of a famous person and an encrypted quotation of its source or subject.
- Browser based solver. [Requires Flash 6]
- Daily problems and solutions available with or without interactive browser-based solver.
Letter Frequency and Word Frequency in the English Language
- Has the statistics for various types of writings(Press, Religious, Scientific), position in the word(first, second, third, last), and digraphs.
- Functional online cryptogram machine and solver. Has wof and buster extra features.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the