DMOZ Internet Directory
Overnet and eDonkey
[ Submit ]
- Open source multi-network P2P client for Windows. It is able to download a given file from the BitTorrent, Gnutella, Gnutella 2 and eDonkey networks simultaneously.
- Free (GPL) peer-to-peer framework of the GNU project with a focus on anonymous file-sharing. Works under Linux, BSD, OS X and Windows.
- A clone of BearShare which connects to the same, proprietary network approved by the RIAA. Requires a monthly subscription for full access, only music files controlled by acoustic fingerprinting and video files under 15 minutes are allowed.
- O'Reilly Network's source for Peer-to-Peer (P2P) developer news and information. Topics include Napster, File-Sharing, Collaboration, Freenet, Gnutella, and P2P applications. Provides essential peer-to-peer articles and resources.
- Offers Mac software that allows you to share files, search for files, resume stopped downloads, and create own chat rooms.
- Integrated client and server with strong encryption designed for small groups on large networks. Features include file sharing, messaging, news and chat.
Publius Publishing System
- Web publishing system that is highly resistant to censorship and provides publishers with a high degree of anonymity.
The giFT Project
- A modular daemon capable of abstracting the communication between the end user and specific file-sharing protocols. Features a homegrown p2p network, OpenFT.
WWW File Share
- File sharing system with a browser-based client allowing sharing amongst closed networks of friends.
Mute File Sharing
- Multiplatform peer-to-peer file sharing network designed to maintain users' anonymity. Mute is free, open source software for multiple operating systems.
- Software and protocol enabling secure distributed communication and file sharing for small trusted groups of users.
- Free file sharing application. News, forums, FAQ and tutorials.
- Open source, multi-platform, multi-protocol client. Includes support for eDonkey2000, Overnet, BitTorrent, Direct Connect and Fasttrack, and is written in Objective Caml.
- Open source peer 2 mail application for Windows and GNU/Linux that lets users share, store and manage their files via e-mail accounts.
- Open-source program for Windows which has its own network derived from Gnutella and which is also able to handle BitTorrent and Shoutcast.
- Derived from Shareaza, it has a redesigned network core developed in an attempt to provide better stability. Also aims to speed up file searches and downloads and has additional features for advanced users.
- Provides information, tutorials and several patches to make WinMX work since Frontcode Technologies abandoned its development. Also includes a support forum.
- Offers a support forum, tutorials, information for system administrators and patches to make the old client work with current servers.
- Offers an open source client compatible with Unix platforms for the G2 network which is also used by Shareaza. Includes screenshots and a forum.
- Open source client for the Rshare anonymising peer-to-peer file sharing system. Includes screenshots, tutorials and a forum.
- Open Source, cross-platform application that offers secure chat and file sharing features. Includes screenshots, a wiki and a support forum.
- Music sharing, playback, and recommendation program for Creative Commons licensed songs. Gnomoradio is free, open source software for Linux/UNIX systems.
- A searchable, distributed file sharing system with no central servers, and resumable file transfers. Written in Java 1.1 for portability.
- Free p2p anonymous file sharing software for Windows .net platform.
- A freeware Windows client for Amazon S3 Service and Amazon CloudFront. It can manage users and groups and grant various permissions to folders and files.
- Lightweight tools aiming to enhance the functionality and speed of file-sharing programs: LimeWire, BitComet, Ares Galaxy, Azureus, eMule, FrostWire, BearFlix.
- A peer-to-peer file sharing application, integrated with a music subscription service.
- Unified Communication, audio, video, multi protocol, IM's-Sharing photos-files & music streaming.
WinMX Community Patch
- Official Download Location for the free WinMX Community Patch Installers. This patch makes the original WinMX client connect to the new servers run by the WinMX Community.
- File sharing tool with public key encryption, instant messages, chat, free e-mail, message boards and file collection organizer.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the