DMOZ Internet Directory
This category contains sites for clubs, organizations and resources that support disabled skiing.
[ Submit ]
New England Handicapped Sports Association
- Event and program calendar, news, history, adaptive equipment and techniques, and related links. Supports disabled skiing in New Hampshire.
- Offers a complete adaptive ski program and provides summer, as well as, winter activities. Includes information about the programs, calendar of events, sponsors, volunteers, and contacts. Located in Colorado.
U.S. Deaf Ski and Snowboard Association
- Event and trip calendars, convention news, and contacts for this organization that manages selection for the US Deaf Alpine Skiing, Cross-Country Skiing and Snowboarding teams.
Ontario Track 3 Ski Association
- Volunteer, non-profit Canadian organization that teaches children and youth with disabilities to down-hill ski. Provides association history, news, events, list of clubs that host the programs, photos, and schedule.
Adaptive Ski Program
- Offers alpine skiing instruction for adults and children with disabilities. Provides schedule and instructor information, sign up forms, program description, related links, and message board. Based in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Extreme Adaptive Sports
- Provides stories, rant and rave section, who's who list of mono- and bi-skiers, classifieds, equipment reviews, single skis for sale for qualified buyers, and EAS's and instructor's tips. Also a resource for handcycles, mono-ski camps, adaptive ski and resort programs, and adaptive sport programs.
Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports
- News, history, events and contacts for this organization dedicated to providing sports opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Activities include skiing, snowboarding, horseback riding, dog and horse carting, water skiing, canoeing, and sailing.
Ski for Light, Inc.
- A cross-country skiing program for blind, visually impaired, and mobility impaired adults that is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Provides program history, photos, information for participants, instructors, and guides, related links and clubs, events and rally results, and bulletins.
New England Regional Ski for Light
- Based in Foxboro, Massachusetts. Sponsor physically demanding sports including cross country skiing, hiking, canoeing, and tandem bicycle. Provides guide information, tips for the skiers, news items and archives, volunteer and donation information, related links, and contacts.
SitSki Gruppen Totalskidskolan
- Offers an adaptive ski program in Åre, Sweden. Provides adult program details, kids camp, and information about mono-ski, skicart, and standing. Also offers an annual heliski outing for advanced skiers.
Ski for Light Canada
- Offers cross country skiing experiences for the blind and visually impaired. Provides history, details of the annual event, newsletter, medals, and rules and commands for guiding a blind skier.
Challenged Athletes of West Virginia
- Information on Snowshoe WV adaptive sports program and Challenged Athletes of WV. Skiing, biking and other outdoor sports for most disabilities.
Vancouver Adaptive Snow Sports
- Provides Learn to Ski and Ski Improvement programs in British Columbia for students of all ages and a variety of disabilities including amputee, cerebral palsy, brain injured, mentally challenged and visually impaired. Includes information about the group, programs offered, resorts used, student enrollment and volunteer information, and event calendar.
Sports Equipment for the Disabled
- Freedom Factory builds snow ski equipment such as the RPC mono-ski, the MMTwo twin and the Snow Slider Walker for the disabled.
- Offers disabled adaptive skiing and recreation programs for people of all ages throughout the Northeast US. Includes events calendar, skiing programs, news, how to get involved, sponsorships, and contact information.
Discovery Blind Sports
- A skiing program to provide self-sufficiency in blind and visually impaired children and adults through involvement in physical activities in Kirkwood, California.
Disabled Snowsports New Zealand
- Provides history, newsletter, information about the team, helpers, and instructors, National Ski Week in New Zealand, and related articles in the news.
Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center
- Adaptive skiing and riding experiences at Breckenridge Ski Resort for individuals with disabilities and special needs. Summer adaptive wilderness programs are also available.
Disability Snowsport UK
- With locations in Essex and Glenmore, the club promotes adaptive skiing. Includes history of the club, a list of local groups, news, gallery, schedule, sponsors, how to join, and related links.
Greek Peak Sports for the Disabled
- Offers an adaptive ski program at Greek Peak Ski Resort in Virgil, New York. Includes news, information about the program, its history, volunteers, participants, awards, photos, and related links.
- Offers free instruction and use of equipment to skiers with disabilities. Includes contact information, hours of operation, and directions. Located in Boyne City, Michigan.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Sports : Disabled
Recreation and Sports : Sports : Disability
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the