DMOZ Internet Directory
News and Media
[ Submit ]
Independent Lens - The Political Dr. Seuss
- Film explores a little-known side of Dr. Seuss: his work as a political cartoonist and a champion of progressive ideals through children's books.
- Editorial cartoonist and illustrator's gallery.
MacKay -- Editorial Cartoons
- Daily updated and archived political illustrations.
The Doonesbury Electronic Town Hall
- Access to a searchable database of Doonesbury comic strips, and daily news updates.
This Modern World, by Tom Tomorrow
- News and trivia about the political comic strip by Tom Tomorrow, which appears in alternative newspapers, on the Web, and in several collections
- Weekly leftist editorial cartoons and frequently updated news weblog from Boston Phoenix cartoonist Mikhaela Blake Reid.
Daryl Cagle's Professional Cartoonists Index
- Extensive daily compilation of editorial cartoons from around the world covering current issues and figures. Offers e-mail newsletter and subscription service.
HarpWeek - Presidential Election Cartoons
- Collection of cartoons and prints commenting on United States presidential elections from 1860-1884.
- Mark Fiore, left-wing political cartoonist and former staff cartoonist at the San Jose Mercury News presents a weekly animated cartoon. Also a gallery, cartoon archives and creator profile. Requires Flash.
Cox and Forkum
- Editorial cartoonists for the objectivist magazine The Intellectual Activist, and others.
Editorial Cartoons of Clay Bennett
- Latest work, archived cartoons and animations from the cartoonist for The Christian Science Monitor.
All Hat No Cattle
- Political cartoons, phototoons, animations, and other humor satirizing the conservative right in the United States.
The Thadeus & Weez Homepage by Charlie Fincher
- Political cartoon strip Thadeus and Weez, as well as other op-ed political cartoons.
- Collection of editorial cartoons updated daily and hosted by Slate Magazine. Also includes a teachers guide for using the cartoons in the classroom, and a comprehensive listing of editorial cartoonists on the web.
Shekhar Gurera’s Cartoon Gallery
- Includes a series of editorial pocket cartoons, sketches and caricatures featuring public figures from Indian politics and society.
- Political cartoons by Sage Stossel for The Atlantic Monthly
- A gallery of 120 recent political cartoons by K. Bendib aimed at both readers and editors.
Baldy Editorial Cartoons
- Online collection of over 2500 editorial cartoons dating from 1946 to 1997, by Clifford H. Baldowski.
Puck's Homepage: United Mugwumps and the Masses
- Analyzes cartooning as well as the Gilded Age of political culture and discusses how the cartoons in Joseph Keppler's satirical magazine Puck conveyed the liberal viewpoint during the 1880s.
Art Faux's Gallery
- Political and editorial cartoons in a fine art setting, offering a new image each Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Offers global political cartoons.
Lick The Light
- Cartoons covering different views of the American flag.
- Work from the established UK caricature artist and illustrato. Editorial illustration, specialising in caricature and cartoon art for newspapers and magazines.
- Bob Aul and Nathan Callahan, of the OC Weekly and Friction magazine, take on the White House and all things political.
- Offers daily cartoons and humor poking fun at the antics of conservative politicians.
- Cartoons, caricatures and illustrations by UK cartoonist/writer Brick (John Stuart Clark) covering international development issues. Includes UNICEF Children's Rights comics and workshop programmes.
Political Cartoons - About.com
- An annotated listing of links to editorial cartoons, comic strips, and animations covering current political topics in the news.
Political Cartoons of the Lilly Library
- Collection of caricatures ranging in date from the Revolutionary War to the War of 1812 to the presidential elections of 1860 and 1864 which brought Abraham Lincoln to the White House.
Otoons - Political Jokes
- Political jokes and cartoons by Osho.
Political Cartoons By RJ Matson
- Editorial Cartoons and Illustrations by RJ Matson from the New York Observer, Roll Call, City Limits, MAD Magazine, The New Yorker, and other publications.
- Cartoon political magazine.
CSL NewsCartoon Service
- Online marketplace where professional cartoonists can upload news related cartoons and clients can search, license and download the images for web or print publishing.
- Includes examples of European political satire in the form of cartoons, "postcard newspapers" and other media.
- Cartoons by Jeff Danzinger of the Los Angeles Times, syndicated by Tribune Media.
- Virtual exhibition showing over 200 cartoons by 11 leading Tanzanian cartoonists.
- Political cartoons by Gerald Jardim.
Cartoon Free America
- Allows creative artists to donate their work to worthy political and social causes for non-commercial use. Work available on various political topics including environmentalism and activism.
- Library of Congress exhibition featuring the work of Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist, Pat Oliphant.
Herblock's History: Political Cartoons from the Crash to the Millennium
- Library of Congress Exhibition featuring Herbert Block's editorial cartoons, including an essay by Block on cartooning.
- Recent and archived favorite cartoons, caricatures, essays, and a guide to beginning cartoons by the Sydney Morning Herald cartoonist.
Creators: Editorial Cartoons
- Gateway to recent cartoons from artists carried by Creators Syndicate.
AAEC - The Association of American Editorial Cartoonists
- View daily editorial cartoons and caricatures by professional and student political cartoonists in the United States and Canada.
- Editorial cartoons by Mike Keefe of the Denver Post. Includes biography and searchable archive.
The Simon Fraser University Library Editorial Cartoons Collection Search
- Over 3,500 original drawings as presented in Canadian newspapers between 1952 and the present.
- Cartoons and animations about news and politics from Tribune magazine. Showcasing the works of Hack (Matt Buck), Alex Hughes, Martin Rowson and John Jensen.
Adbusters - Spoof Ads
- Gallery of spoof corporate advertisements for fashion, alcohol, tobacco and food.
- Portal for current and archived works of several dozen syndicated newspaper editorial cartoonists.
The Political Cartoon Society
- Aims to promote the political cartoon. Cartoon gallery, exhibition calendar, and information about its political and historical cartoon archives.
Guardian Unlimited: Election Cartoons Index
- Selected cartoons covering the UK general elections in 1959, 1966 and 1997, with commentary. Compiled by The Guardian.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the