DMOZ Internet Directory
[ Submit ]
The Society for Women in Philosophy
- The Society for Women in Philosophy was started in 1972 to promote and support women in philosophy. SWIP holds divisional meetings, meetings in conjunction with the meetings of the American Philosophical Association, and it publishes newsletters.
- A page in progress with biographies, articles and links to pages on woman philosophers
French Feminist Theory
- Presents different works on French Feminism - articles, biographies, bibliographies.
Theorizing -- Feminism and Postmodernity
- A Conversation with Linda Hutcheon (1997), by Kathleen O'Grady
A Conversation with Rosi Braidotti - Kathleen O'Grady
- Conversation about Braidotti's politically motivated philosophy that provides a new framework for reinventing the female subject in our post-metaphysical world.
Cyberfeminism with a Difference
- Paper by Rosi Braidotti discussing postmodernity and "post-human bodies."
Feminist History of Philosophy
- Survey of feminist writing on the philosophical canon; by Charlotte Witt.
Association of Feminst Ethics and Social Theory
- A professional organization dedicated to promoting feminist ethical perspectives on philosophy, moral and political life, and public policy.
Approaches to Feminism
- An introductory essay focused on the emergence of contemporary US feminist philosophies.
- It was founded in 1972 in response to the widely felt discontent with the sterility of academic philosophy at the time (in Britain completely dominated by the narrowest sort of "ordinary language" philosophy), with the purpose of providing a forum for the theoretical work which was emerging in the wake of the radical movements of the 1960s, in philosophy and other fields.
Differences. A journal of feminist cultural studies
- Differences focuses on how concepts and categories of difference-- notably but not exclusively gender--operate within culture. Situated at the point of intersection of cultural studies and feminism, the two most exciting fields of critical inquiry to have opened up in recent years, Differences is affiliated with the Pembroke Center for Teaching and Research on Women at Brown University.
Canadian Society for Women in Philosophy (CSWIP)
- Founded in 1976 with the objective of promoting the goals of women in philosophy.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the