DMOZ Internet Directory
Organizations involved in providing humanitarian aid or support (e.g. provision of food, shelter, medical relief, disaster relief) and training for these services.
Corporation for National and Community Service
AmeriCorps, Learn and Serve America, Senior Corps
Food Not Bombs
Canada, United States
Habitat for Humanity
Ronald McDonald House Charities
Projects and Campaigns
Red Cross and Red Crescent
American Red Cross
Christian, Islamic, Jewish
Africa, Asia, Europe, Indian Guide and Princesses, ...
[ Submit ]
- Secular international movement of solidarity for justice based on communities that take in people who are marginalized or wounded by life. Multilingual English/French/Spanish.
Society of Singers
- Non-profit foundation offering food, medical and financial help to professional singers. Donation levels, awards, notable members.
- United Nations website providing information to humanitarian relief organizations. Updated daily. There is also a directory of non-governmental organizations. The website is a project of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
Tibet Poverty Alleviation Fund
- U.S.-based organization which funds poverty alleviation programs in rural Tibet.
The Karen Hilltribes Trust
- A charity dedicated to working with the Karen people of Northern Thailand.
Daniel Pearl Foundation
- Promotes cross-cultural understanding through journalism and music. Provides overviews of current initiatives, projects, and events along with organization leadership information.
NGO Global Network
- Site with links to non-governmental organizations associated with the United Nations.
Royal Humane Society of Australasia
- Nominates awards for acts of bravery and provides funds to those disadvantaged or physically handicapped by their gallant actions.
ALNAP: Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action
- An international interagency forum working to improve the quality and accountability of humanitarian action.
Online Volunteers Collective
- Volunteers collective using virtual space for collaborative voluntary projects on social justice issues worldwide.
- Campaigns to keep family farmers on their land and offers immediate assistance and long-term solutions.
National 211 Collaborative
- The national 2-1-1 initiative seeks to reserve these three digits nationwide as quick, easy to remember telephone number for finding human services answers.
Active 20/30 International
- Membership-based service organization for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39. Provides young adults with an opportunity for personal growth, friendships, and leadership development while improving the quality of life for the special needs children in its community.
- A national charity of the design and construction industry created by the Society of Design Administration.
Foundation For A Better Life
- A foundation working to communicate the ethical values that it believes make a difference such as honesty, caring, optimism, hard work, and helping others.
Cabrillo Civic Clubs of California
- Founded by Californians of Portuguese ancestry in honor of compatriot, John Rodrigues Cabrillo, discoverer of California. The Clubs have many charitable activities including blood drives, fund raising for polio and cancer research, assisting candidates for U.S. citizenship, and, providing college scholarships for students of Portuguese descent.
Sarvodaya Organization Homepage
- A movement in Sri Lanka involved in development and reconstruction, active in thousands of villages in all regions of the country, commanding the services of hundreds of thousands of volunteers and trained workers.
- Enables individuals and companies to find and support high-impact, grassroots social and economic development projects around the world.
Dialogue on Diversity
- Mission is the social and political advancement of women and men from diverse cultural, ethnic, and national traditions.
Topix: Charitable Organizations
- News about charitable organizations, collected from various sources on the web.
Green Cross Projects
- International, membership-based, humanitarian assistance organization, non-profit corporation, which responds to emergency situations and disasters upon request.
- Volunteer organization bringing clothes, food and toys to needy Oklahoma County, Oklahoma residents at Christmas time. Contains donation form, event listing and contact information.
- A social service organization serving the northwest side of Chicago. Emergency, recreation and other services offered.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Society : Organizations
Society : People
Issues : Violence and Abuse : Domestic Violence
Society : Issues : Human Rights and Liberties
Philanthropy : Grants : Grant-Making Foundations
Make A Wish Foundation
Philanthropy : Cheer and Support : Wish Fulfillment
Society : Philanthropy : International Aid and Development
Society : Philanthropy : Grants
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Generations and Age Groups : Youth : Organizations
Society : Law : Organizations
Christianity : Denominations : Holiness
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the