DMOZ Internet Directory
[ Submit ]
The Brainerd Foundation
- Foundation dedicated to protecting the environment of the Pacific Northwest. Web site describes its support of grassroots-oriented projects in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, British Columbia, and the Yukon Territory.
Great Lakes Protection Fund
- Supports collaborative actions to improve the health of the Great Lakes ecosystem
New England Forestry Foundation
- Nonprofit group promotes the conservation and sustainable management of private and municipal forests in the region. Includes mission statement, staff directory and contribution information.
- Funds US advocacy organizations working in human health and the environment, or in "key states". Provides grant guidelines and application, with annual reports and lists of recent grantees.
- A non-profit organization supporting California State Parks by acquiring land for the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park through donation or by purchase from willing sellers.
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- A collaborative effort between the NFWF, BLM, the FS, BOR and Trout Unlimited to restore the health of riverine systems and their native species.
Temper of the Times Foundation
- US. Promotes use of standard marketing concepts to increase environmental awareness. Gives application guidelines and procedures, with information on previous grantees.
Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment
- California. Nurtures positive interactions between communities, the environment and the economy through grantmaking, research and advocacy. Gives grant guidelines and information on donor-directed funds and fiscal sponsor services.
The Reef Ball Foundation
- Non-profit organization dedicated to making new aquatic habitats by helping folks build Reef Ball artificial reefs and teaching about the value of natural reefs.
The Heinz Endowments
- Comprises two private foundations sharing a mission to help southwestern Pennsylvania thrive economically, ecologically, educationally and culturally. Includes history, staff list, and information about programs and grants.
- Mission is to assist in the nation's transition to a sustainable energy future by promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Makes grants to strengthen communities, prevent the use of toxics, and link environmental justice with economic justice
Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation
- Environmental grantmaking areas includes Toxics, Sustainable Agriculture, Sustainable Communities, and Metropolitan New York City
Town Creek Foundation
- Seeks a healthy environment, an informed society, and a peaceful world. The Foundation is committed to achieving its mission through public education, citizen action, and advocacy.
Whole Systems Foundation
- Provides grants for environmental education and sustainability efforts. Integrated overview of environmental sustainability concerns.
The Helios Environmental Resource Network
- Provides small grants (500-1000)to 501(c)3 non-profit organizations working to promote the ecological and economic sustainability of the Pacific Northwest, with special attention given to projects and organizations in Western Oregon.
Environmental Grantmakers Association
- Voluntary association of foundations and giving programs concerned with the protection of the natural environment. Information about programs, publications and membership.
Wray and Todd Interests
- Provides application guidelines and list of grantees for Magnolia Charitable Trust, focusing on protecting Texas habitat and wildlife. Also provides historical information on Wray Charitable Trust funding on Texas and Mexico environmental issues.
- Funds environmental organizations in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, British Columbia, western Montana (including the Rocky Mountain range), and coastal Alaska from Cook Inlet to the Canadian border. Describes application process, and lists previous grantees.
The Humane Earth Foundation
- Swiss group which focuses on environmental protection and biodiversity, as well as food safety and access to health care. Describes grant application and review process, with lists of grantees. [English/French]
The Curtis and Edith Munson Foundation
- Supports conservation projects in North America and the Caribbean, focusing on fisheries and reefs. Describes funding criteria and application process, staff backgrounds, and previous grants.
Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund
- Funds nongovernmental groups working in biodiversity "hotspots". They list recent grants, with application guidelines, and provide fact sheets and other resources about their target regions.
Alaska Conservation Foundation
- Receives and awards grants throughout the state to protect ecosystems and promote sustainable livelihoods. Describes grant programs and training and internship opportunities.
George Gund Foundation
- Environmental grants focused locally in the Cleveland area, and regionally in Ohio and the Great Lakes Basisn
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the