DMOZ Internet Directory
Widows and Widowers
After one person in a marriage has died, the surviving spouse is known as a widow (female) or widower (male). This category contains sites about support and resources for widows and/or widowers.
[ Submit ]
- An information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers. Topics covered include grief, bereavement, recovery, and other information helpful to those who have suffered the death of a spouse.
Young Widows 2
- A "sister/ brother list" to 'youngwidows' which is a very active support group for woman. Enjoy the fellowship of men and women who understand your hardships and joys.
- Encouragement for those who have lost a spouse. Bi-monthly newsletter, from BC, Canada.
How Should a Widow Cope With the Loss of Her Spouse?
- Anne Fielding describes the principles she learned from Eli Siegel, the great American poet who founded the education of Aesthetic Realism.
National Association of Widows in Ireland
- Provides support and help to make new friends, find a new beginning and a life full of social activities.
- Forum/ message board for those who have lost a spouse.
- Discussion group of young women who have lost their husbands. Links to member pages.
- An online resource for widows. Featuring stories of international widows, widows in the arts, news, and a photo gallery.
For Widows Only
- About the book and author. Also links to the MSN support group for widows.
Widows' Rights International
- Information and resources aimed at helping widows in developing countries, including news, legal archives, literature and events listings.
War Widows' Association of Great Britain
- The WWA exists to improve the conditions of War Widows and their dependents in Great Britain.
WAY Widowed and Young
- A national charity in the UK for men and women aged 50 or under when their partner died.
RAF Widows' Association
- A national charity for men and women who have lost their spouse or partner whilst serving in the RAF at the time of their death or who died within two years of leaving the RAF.
- An active bulletin board for young widowed people (both men and women) across the world.
- Kate Boydell's online resource for anyone who has lost a partner.
- Irish online support for widows and widowers, young and older. Converse with others through the forum. Moderator, Colette Byrne.
Widows Welfare Association of India
- A website for the welfare of widows in India.
Modern Widows Club
- US based. Resources, community, support and live events for widows.
- Elizabeth Berrien is a Certified Creative Grief Coach and founder of Soul Widows, a support group for young widows.
Widowed Village - Soaring Spirits
- Connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.
Soaring Spirits International
- Community for widowed men and women with understanding, friendship, inspiration, and encouragement. US based.
- An online resource for widows and widowers in Canada, providing information and services needed following the loss of a loved one.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Health : Mental Health
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the