DMOZ Internet Directory
Violence and Abuse
[ Submit ]
Cambridge Documentary Films
- A non-profit organization that produces and distributes documentaries and study guide resources on many social issues, including: domestic violence, trauma and recovery, and sexism.
Bursting the Bubble
- Explains how children can identify violence and abuse within the family, and what can be done to help. Includes FAQ, personal stories, legal advice, and lists of services in Australia.
Symptoms of Emotional Abuse
- Read about the symptoms of emotional abuse.
National Aboriginal Circle Against Family Violence
- NACAFV provides education and advocacy around the issue of family violence in aboriginal communities.
Clark County Prosecutor
- Contact information and a description of the work of the office, an online reference desk with information on topics such as drugs, elder abuse, and local courts, and information for police officers.
- Dedicated to the treatment, prevention and research of child abuse and neglect. Organization operates a hotline for child abuse and neglect.
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Official site for current information on missing and exploited children. Search for missing children, view wanted posters, submit child "sightings", and additional information.
Family Research Laboratory, University of New Hampshire
- The Family Research Laboratory (FRL) is an independent research unit devoted to the study of family problems.
Harriet Tubman Center
- Addresses dating and domestic violence prevention. Provides a variety of support programs. Based in Minneapolis.
Domestic Violence Home Page
- The American Bar Association's web site for domestic violence issues. Information for attorneys and survivors. Contains information on protecting privacy for survivors during and after divorce.
NCALL: National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ABUSE IN LATER LIFE (<a href="docs/FAQs_DALL.pdf" target=blank alt="click for printable copy of FAQs">print</a>)
Pine Tree Legal Assistance
- Protection From Abuse client education page. About Maine's Protection From Abuse law as well as links to other Maine sites
Sibling Abuse Survivors' Information & Advocacy Network
- Sibling abuse is probably the most common and accepted form of domestic violence.
- A non-profit project of the Tides Center working to create and promote community-based approaches to preventing violence against women and children.
Not to People Like Us
- Dr. Susan Weitzman explores a heretofore overlooked population of battered wives--the highly-educated and upper-income women.
Violence in Families
- Nat'l Academy Press, Understanding and Preventing Violence, Volume 1 (1993), Chapter 5, Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education
The Abuse of Animals and Domestic Violence by Ascione, Weber & Wood : The Zero 5.0laf - The Official Website of Andrew Vachss
- Discusses the implications of survey results for domestic violence programs, animal welfare organizations, and programs serving children of women who are battered by their partners.
Our Endangered Species: A Hard Look At How We Treat Children
- Discussion about child abuse in communities by author Andrew Vachss.
Unintended Pregnancy Among Adult Women Exposed to Abuse or Household Dysfunction During Their Childhood
- Abstract of JAMA article by Patricia M. Dietz, DrPH, et al.
What is Parental Alienation Syndrome?
- Article and resources on the controversial parental alienation syndrome, as it is used in child custody battles. Provided by the Leadership Council on Child Abuse and Interpersonal Violence, a professional organization of phyisicans, psychologists, nurses, social workers and others working in the field of child abuse and interpersonal violence.
National Council on Child Abuse and Family Violence
- A Washington, DC group on family violence addressing child abuse, spouse/partner abuse (domestic violence), and elder abuse.
Children of Domestic Violence: Risks and Remedies
- Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse - by Barbara J. Hart, Esq.
Evaluation of Physical Abuse in Children - May 15, 2000 - American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the