DMOZ Internet Directory
Articles and Reports
Articles and Research: General information on terrorists and their structure. Includes Newspaper and Magazine articles, research by university and organizations. Pro and Con.
[ Submit ]
PBS Frontline: Hunting bin Laden
- Video clips and accompanying text from investigative documentary on the suspected terrorist mastermind.
Extraditions/Renditions of Terrorists to U.S.
- United States Department of State provides a list of extradition/renditions of terrorists to the U.S. from 1993 to 1998
The Global Rise of Religious Violence
- A review of Mark Juergensmeyer's book "Terror in the Mind of God".
- Features reports from US State Department Annual Terrorism Report. Reports include security improvements, sanctions and prevention techniques.
SATP - Assessment India 2002
- Find information, data and analysis on terrorism and low intensity warfare in India.
Thinking About Terrorism
- Article from The Atlantic on the discussion of terrorism being dominated by two stereotypes, both of which inhibit effective action.
Psychology of Terrorism
- A psychological analysis of terrorist and suicide bombers.
Library of Congress Federal Research Division: Terrorism and Crime Studies
- Official reports including the September 1999 'The Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism: Who Becomes a Terrorist and Why?' study. [PDF]
PBS FRONTLINE: Al Qaeda's New Front
- Has materials on Al Qaeda today, overview of major terror plots and arrests, special reports, discussions and FAQ.
PBS FRONTLINE - Target America
- An overview of the development of militant Islamic movements since the 1980's, with a chronology of terrorist acts against Americans and the government's response over the past two decades.
PBS FRONTLINE - Son of Al Qaeda
- Story of a young Canadian who grew up with bin Laden's children, and was himself groomed to become a terrorist. Instead, he became a CIA informant.
Terrorism: A Modern Scourge
- Outlines the history of terrorism and ways to combat it in the future.
Rand - Countering the New Terrorism
- Find an online version of the publication examining origins of attacks against civilian targets and future trends.
FBI's Freedom of Information Act Electronic Reading Room
- Transcripts of FBI cases which may be of interest to the public.
First Monday - Uncloaking Terrorist Networks
- Peer-reviewed paper looks at mapping covert networks using data available from news sources on the World Wide Web.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the