DMOZ Internet Directory
This category is limited sites on social and economic policy issues affecting senior citizens.
[ Submit ]
- Organizations whose mission is to improve the well being, rights, and autonomy of older persons through advocacy, education, and action.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Seniors Issues
- News, background information and links on the Older Americans Act and other federal programs affecting the nation's senior citizens, including Meals on Wheels.
Center on an Aging Society
- Non-partisian public policy institute that studies the consequences and opportunities of population aging for all aspects of society.
The Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups
- Non-profit grassroots advocacy organization concerned with issues affecting older persons and their families. List of member services and consumer advocacy information.
Texas Silver-Haired Legislature
- Non-profit group advocating on issues affecting older adults in the state. Includes details of resolutions, a directory, newsletters and a calendar of events.
- Pasadena non-profit organization focusing on important issues affecting older adults especially mobility and transportation within the community.
National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (N4A)
- Umbrella organization advocating to ensure that needed resources and support services are available to older Americans. Includes policy papers and press releases.
Washington State Senior Citizens' Lobby
- Forum for senior advocacy groups throughout the state. List of key issues, officers and member organizations.
Health and Retirement Study (HRS)
- The Health and Retirement Study (HRS) is a source of longitudinal, cross-sectional data for researchers and policymakers who study aging. The HRS is based on a national sample of over 22,000 individuals who are interviewed every other year.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Home : Family
Society : People : Generations and Age Groups
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the