DMOZ Internet Directory
War on Drugs
News and Media
[ Submit ]
Drug Policy Alliance
- An organization working to end the war on drugs and promote new drug policies based on common sense, science, public health and human rights. Formerly the Lindesmith Center.
Human Rights and the Drug War
- In a photographic essay, the public sees the actual faces of people filling American prisons today and learns the case histories of selected inmates whose sentences illustrate the often harsh and arbitrary policies imposed on first-time, non-violent drug offenders.
Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)
- Blog and chronicle calling for an end to drug prohibition. Articles and newsletter.
- The casualties of America's War on Drugs and what you can do to end the drug war.
The Dancing Bears: Tales from Jails by Gary Waid
- Prisoner of America's War on Drugs tells it like it is in the United States Prison Industrial Complex.
The Narco News Bulletin
- Reports on the drug war from Latin America with breaking news, analysis, investigative journalism, translations of journalism from Mexico and beyond, and media criticism.
- Non-profit organization encourages involvement in drug policy reform. Includes news, drug war clock and activism.
- PBS program which investigates how a fundamental shift in the country's anti-drug laws - including federal mandatory minimum sentencing and conspiracy provisions - has bred a culture of snitching that is in many cases rewarding the guiltiest and punishing the less guilty.
The War on (Certain) Drugs
- Noam Chomsky argues that the U.S. government is scandalously cynical in launching a "War on Drugs" while, at the same time, supporting other dangers.
Drug War Facts
- Free online book - a collection of categorized information on various aspects of the drug war, all presented with full source citations and, where possible, links to the original.
Drugs: The United States and Latin America
- A few mordant words on drugs, drug abuse, and the disgraceful ties that bind Latin America and the United States.
National Drug Court Institute
- Non-profit organization involved in sculpting the movement of Drug Courts within the U.S. and internationally for Court Practitioners. Provides training, research, and scholarships.
Veterans for More Effective Drug Strategies US
- Favors the return of the drug problem to the domain of the medical profession.
The Greens and The Drug War
- News, statistics and articles on the Drug War, and the Green Party marijuana legalisation and harm reduction policies.
The Schaffer Library of Drug Policy
- Complete histories, books, periodicals and historical research documenting the failure of the war.
Frontline - Drug Wars
- Online accompaniment to the PBS series examining the war on illegal drugs.
- Is the funding of terrorist groups an unintended consequence of drug prohibition? This site explores the inevitable convergence of prohibition, crime, arms dealing, and terrorism.
Ragged-Trousered Philosopher Forum
- Threaded discussions on philosophy, politics and the US drug policy.
Columbia Law School for Enacting Humane Drug Policies
- Student group dedicated to explore human alternatives to the current policy.
Anti War-on-Drugs Activists' List
- A list of contacts for those against opposing current drug policy.
Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed and What We Can Do About It
- By Judge Jim P. Gray. In addition to the comments from the author of this book, who is a veteran trial judge in Southern California, the views of more than 40 judges and justices nationwide are cited in this documented.
Common Sense For Drug Policy
- Dedicated to expanding discussion on drug policy by raising questions about existing law and educating the public about alternatives to current policies.
Drug Abuse in America: 2001
- A summary of drug abuse-related statistics.
Prohibition: The War on Drugs
- The nature and origin of the 'War on Drugs'. Why this 'war' is so entrenched.
Drug Mistreatment by Jake Ginsky
- Tens of thousands of American teenagers are forced into drug treatment programs each year by schools, parents, or the courts - despite not having any serious drug problem.
William Leonard Pickard
- Dedicated to supporting freedom for Leonard, who has been sentenced for LSD manufacturing. News and case information.
- Weblog features news, analysis, and rants by Pete Guither about current issues in the drug war.
Virginians Against Drug Violence
- Voluntary association who participate in activities directed at ending the drug war in the state. Action, events, documentation and email information list.
KCBA - Drug Policy Project
- The King County Bar Association presents its project. Includes research, conference and media reports.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the