DMOZ Internet Directory
Fake Escrow Sites
Make Money Fast
[ Submit ]
How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams
- Securities and Exchange Commission information about investment fraud.
- Extensive resource for identifying and debunking computer virus hoaxes and myths.
- Extensive information on fraud, scams, hoaxes, urban legends and credit card fraud. Free e-zine and reports.
Internet Crime Complaint Center
- A partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Alerts for consumers and easy-to-use reporting mechanism for fraud. Formerly the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.
National Fraud Information Center
- Provides a page devoted to Internet fraud.
Cyber Criminals Most Wanted
- Overview of cyber criminal activity that includes safety, security, viruses, scams, filtering, encryption, hackers and government legislation.
- Computer crime section of the Department of Justice contains links relating to internet commerce, intellectual property crimes, cybercrimes and general information.
- Consumer protection service site provides means to register complaints, free ShopAssured download alerts shoppers when entering e-commerce site, free reports on business's consumer performance.
Carbuyingtips.com - Fraud Guide
- Consumer guide to preventing and fighting eBay, escrow, auto, internet, cashiers check, and Nigerian scams. Tips on how to spot phony escrow companies and report the scammers.
Scam Victims United
- Information on scams and support from other victims.
- Information on dating fraud plus an archive of emails, documents and pictures. Membership required for some features.
Digital Age Fraud
- Central source of information about the Digital Age Cyprus MasterCard/Visa fraudulent charge.
- Information about people who use dating sites or social networks to con victims out of money. Peer support for those who have been tricked.
- Department of Justice site includes information defining Internet fraud, what to do about it, and where to go to get more information.
- Accepts and lists reports on dating scammers, for the UK. Offers the ability to check existing people and help make the UK dating scene a better place.
The Anatomy of Clickbot.A
- Provides a detailed case study of the architecture of the Clickbot.A botnet that attempted a low-noise click fraud attack against syndicated search engines. The botnet of over 100,000 machines was controlled using a HTTP-based botmaster.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the