DMOZ Internet Directory
Tools and resources to support activists, as opposed to sites which are about activism itself.
Funding for Activists
[ Submit ]
- Publishes international news analysis, debates and blogs about the world and the way we govern ourselves.
The Change Agency
- Two Brisbane-based activists offer workshops, curriculum development and campaign consulting services. Their site provides extensive resources, including activism training organizations around the world, academic research, and case studies.
- Detailed information on rights of demonstrators and free speech participants. Most is specific to Victoria, Australia, but contains list of comparable international resources.
- Provides links to alternative news and media for stories not covered in the mainstream press.
National People's Action
- Direct action community organizing for neighborhoods across the US.
Social Criticism Review
- Selected readings on modern society and its ills. Focus on alienation between man, nature, and a dysfunctional scientific/technical complex.
TwistMagick's Activist Resources
- Short list of links.
- Contains tools for personal growth, social change, and ecology. Over 700 links and over 420 recommended empowerment resource books for sale.
You Can Make a Difference
- Links to interactive sites and petitions to sign.
Center For Creative Learning
- Publishes pages for nonprofit organizations, artists, and other "social threats."
Center for Third World Organizing
- A training and resource center dedicated to building a social justice movement led by people of color.
Partners In Kindness
- Contains ideas, stories, advice, and encouragement for ways to practice kindness.
- Web tools and services for activists to elicit action from others through weblog, forum post, e-mail, or web pages.
- An extensive database of tools for student activists, groups, resources, and events.
- Provides social justice advocates, access to strategic information, analysis, and research skills to help conduct more effective campaigns.
Black Cross Health Collective
- First aid training to handle typical needs at protests. Based in Portland, Oregon.
Human Rights Tech
- Non profit organization assisting and encouraging grassroots anti-poverty initiatives. Includes program history, projects, and digital divide resources.
Social Action & Leadership School for Activists (SALSA)
- Offers training in Washington, DC, on topics such as organizing, fundraising, development, and use of technology. Provides course schedule, outlines, and information on trainers.
Vernal Education Project
- An effort to create an education network that can bolster and sustain grassroots progressive social change movements in the US. Provides writings on cooperative decision-making, democratic engagement, and nonviolent action.
- The Center combines investigation, reporting, training in public advocacy, and international campaigns to help build a global citizenry that understands the public issues before it and is able to take effective public action. They provide a range of how-to resources.
The Social Innovation Blog
- Opportunities and ideas related to the social sector in emerging economies.
- Comprehensive list of advocacy groups and sites.
- Offers programs that bring innovators together from different fields, to undertake collaborative social innovation projects and initiatives around the world.
- Organizing citizens of all nations to address global, regional and national issues to close the gap between the world we have and the world most people everywhere want.
The Deliberative Democracy Consortium
- Global network of researchers and practitioners working to advance deliberative democracy. Includes blog, articles, FAQ, workshops and resources.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Society : Activism
Society : Organizations : Nonprofit Resources
Society : Organizations
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the