DMOZ Internet Directory
Cartography is the science and art of map making. Here you should find information and resources related to the process of making maps.
[ Submit ]
- Multifunctional online atlas, specially made for the last years of elementary school and the first years of secondary education. In Dutch, English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
- The purpose of this web page is to assemble, organize, and present digital information about the earth's land surface of use to outdoor enthusiasts.
Harvard Map Collection: USGS Legend
- Scans from 'Standard Symbols Adopted by The Board of Surveys and Maps, United States of America' (1932).
- Maps and mapping for Great Britain, with free mapping and services together with information on digital and paper mapping products and other aspects of cartography
Ordnance Survey Ireland
- The Irish national mapping agency.
The United States Army Corps of Engineers
- The USACE is responsible for investigating, developing and maintaining the nation's water and related environmental resources. A great source for hydrographic information.
International Cartographic Association
- To promote the discipline and profession of cartography in an international context.
The National Geographic Society
- Explore National Geographic Online. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.
Maps of the World
- Digital royalty-free maps covering the entire contemporary world. Maps fully modifiable in programs like Adobe Illustrator.
Solid Terrain Modeling
- STM creates physical 3D terrain models from digital data.
PDF Map Source
- The site is a growing collection of pdf maps. The pdf maps are free for personal use.
LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - Cartography/GIS/Remote Sensing
- A comprehensive catalog of scientific resources and media worldwide but especially in German and English: Directories of Cartography Journals; Cartography-related catalogs of scientific search engines;additional starting points and sites of special interest.
- GIS tutorial, free maps, free GIS program.
Map History / History of Cartography
- Tony Campbell's tightly organized global overview of the subject's resources, activities and opportunities, with leads to the collecting of old and early maps and thousands of links.
- A tool designed to help cartographers and map users find class intervals for choropleth mapping.
- Collection of printable map projections organized by type.
- Journal for the history of cartography. The site includes a complete table of contents, English and German summaries and an author index.
- Maps of countries, cities and other places from all around the World. Specially prepared for computer printers, it is possible to change the map size, orientation and details.
- Offers Google satellite and 3D maps of countries and places all over the World.
Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS)
- The Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS) Data Center (EDC) is a data management, systems development, and research field center for the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) National Mapping Division.
Elements of a Map
- Cartographic elements of a map layout explained. Find out the required and suggested elements that make up a map layout.
Area Cartogram Maps Explored
- Explanation of area cartograms maps including examples of contiguous, non-contiguous, and Dorling cartograms.
- A blog that highlights a new interesting map each day. Run by a Geography college student interested in Geographic Information Systems.
National Geographic - Mapping
- Interactive map, outline maps, satellite imagery, and how to interact with and create your own maps.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Games : Roleplaying : World Building
Science : Earth Sciences
Science : Earth Sciences : Products and Services
Geographic Information Systems
Science : Social Sciences : Geography
Shopping : Publications
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the