DMOZ Internet Directory
This site is for pages and organizations of national or international interest relating to economic development.
Doctoral Students, University Economists
[ Submit ]
Inter-American Development Bank
- provides funds for economic and social development in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Economic Commission for Africa
- Established in 1958, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) is one of five regional commissions. Its member states are 53 African nations.
Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation
- International agency advancing agricultural and rural development in African, Caribbean, and Pacific countries by promoting the transfer, exchange and utilisation of information. Features publications, news, and departments.
Asian Productivity Organization
- An inter-governmental regional organization established by Convention in 1961 to oversee productivity development in 18 countries throughout Asia and the Pacific.
Sustainable Development Department, IDB
- Covering issues such as human resources and social development; environment and natural resources; and infrastructure, financial markets and private enterprise development.
Trade and Industrial Policy Secretariat (TIPS)
- The online resource for trade and industrial policy research in South Africa.
International Development Exchange
- Builds partnerships to overcome economic and social injustice and work toward people's greater control over their resources, political structures, and economic processes that affect their lives.
International Development Research Centre
- A public corporation created by the Canadian government to help communities in the developing world find solutions to social, economic, and environmental problems through research.
Economic Development Directory
- Directory of economic development agency web sites listed by geographical location.
Economic Development Network
- Providing data on communities that want economic development to companies and entrepreneurs planning facilities location or site selection projects.
Debt Relief International
- UK-based non-profit organisation established in order to assist Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (HIPCs) to manage their own debt strategy and analysis, without having to rely on international technical assistance.
Bretton Woods Project
- Works to monitor and reform the World Bank and IMF. Tracks key policy statements and reports, and provides critiques and early warnings used by non-governmental organisations across the world.
The Gateway to Development Information
- Eldis is funded by Danida and hosted by the Institute of Development Studies, Sussex. It has a large number of links on development topics and organizations
OECD - Development
- Presents OECD's publications and working papers about development like statistics, propectives studies or country surveys.
The Development Group for Alternative Policies
- Development GAP works to ensure that the knowledge, priorities and efforts of the women and men of the South inform decisions made in the North about their economies and the environments in which they live. Includes internship information, news and publications.
EDIRC, Economic Development
- Economics Departments, Institutes and Research Centers presents an attempt by Christian Zimmermann of the Center for Research on Employment and Economic Fluctuations, University of Quebec to index all Economic Development web sites.
The Economic War Among the States
- Analysis of development incentives from the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Do they promote local job opportunities and enhance private sector competitiveness or do they divert government money from supporting traditional public goods like education?
Harvard Institute for International Development
- Harvard University's multidisciplinary center for coordinating development assistance, training, and research on Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
United Nations Women
- Promotes women's empowerment and gender equality, working for participation of women in all levels of development planning and practice.
Economic Growth Resources
- Helping economic growth and development researchers make the most of the internet. Maintained by Jonathan Temple and hosted by Nuffield College, Oxford.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Economic Development Agencies
Business : Real Estate : Commercial
International Aid and Development
Society : Philanthropy
Society : Issues : Environment
Aid and Development
Society : Issues : Global
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the