DMOZ Internet Directory
Sites of professional mathematics organizations, including national and international organizations.
[ Submit ]
Swiss Mathematical Society
- History of the group, affiliations, and publications.
Austrian Mathematical Society
- The national mathematics society of Austria. Membership information and publications.
Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists
- One of the oldest European societies in mathematics and physics.
Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- The world's largest organization devoted to the interests of collegiate mathematics.
International Association for Cryptologic Research
- The IACR is dedicated to promoting research in Cryptology. They sponsor the Crypto, Eurocrypt, and Asiacrypt conferences, run workshops, and publish the Journal of Cryptology.
Japanese Association of Mathematical Sciences
- A scientific research organization whose main activity is to publish scientific journals in English, French or German.
Atlantic Provinces Council on the Sciences: Mathematics and Statistics Committee
- An association to encourage and further research in all mathematical sciences, statistics and computer science, in the Atlantic region. Lists board of directors, programs past, present and future and e-mail contacts list.
Czech Mathematical Society
- A section of the Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicists. Organisation, contacts, documents, jobs meetings, resources. English/Czech site.
Australian Mathematical Society (AustMS)
- Founded to promote and extend of mathematical knowledge and its applications in Australia. The site contains information about the society, its publications and conferences.
International Society for Bayesian Analysis
- Promotes the development and application of Bayesian statistical theory and methods useful in the solution of theoretical and applied problems in science, industry and government.
American Mathematical Society
- Founded to promote mathematical research and education through conferences, contests surveys, publications, employment services, scholarship programs, locating research funding, resources, and outreach. Includes program news and membership information.
London Mathematical Society (LMS)
- Established in 1865 for the promotion and extension of mathematical knowledge. To this end the Society undertakes various publications and holds regular meetings, conferences and symposia. In spite of its name, the Society is not simply a London society. It is the major British learned society for Mathematics, with a nationwide membership. It also has several hundred overseas members.
Mathematics Foundation of America
- The purpose of MFOA is to ensure that the mathematically talented high school student receives mathematics education appropriate for a future mathematician by providing suitable summer programs and mentors.
European Mathematical Society (EMS)
- Aims to further the development of all aspects of mathematics in the countries of Europe and establish a sense of identity amongst European mathematicians. Includes electronic library, databases and details of activities.
Irish Mathematical Society
- Aims to further mathematics and mathematical research in Ireland. Its membership is international, but it mainly represents mathematicians in universities and other third level institutes in Ireland. Bulletins, meetings, membership information, group rules and structure, employment opportunities, members-only area, and links to useful resources.
The Mathematical Association
- British mathematics teachers' association.
János Bolyai Mathematical Society
- (Hungarian Mathematical Society)
Member and Associate Member Societies of the European Mathematical Society
- Member list with contact information and links, if available.
The Theta Foundation
- A scientific and not-for-profit organisation, promoting mathematical knowledge, based in Romania.
International Mathematical Union (IMU)
- Promotes international co-operation in Mathematics. Information about the Union and its executive committee, news bulletins and details of member countries.
Mathematical Association of Victoria
- Australian non-profit association founded in 1906. Has members from various levels of mathematics teaching.
International Society for the Arts, Mathematics, and Architecture
- ISAMA furthers interdisciplinary education relating the arts, mathematics, and architecture. Links to resources in the three areas.
African Mathematical Union (UMA)
- African equivalent of the International Mathematical Union. Interim site with details of the Union's activities.
International Association for Statistical Computing
- International organization concerned with the theory, methods and practice of statistical computing. Includes online newsletter and software archives.
Singapore Mathematical Society
- Events, programs, publications, news and announcements, and membership details.
Resources of Scholarly Societies - Mathematics
- Created by compilers at the University of Waterloo Library.
International Linear Algebra Society
- Based in Israel, promotes international co-ordination to assist the development of theoretical matrix analysis and linear algebra. Includes details of the Hans Schneider Prize and Taussky-Todd Lecture.
Web Math Collaboration (WMC)
- A cooperative of mathematical web sites with similar goals and principles. Also, includes a discussion board, chat help, and formula tables.
International Society for Mathematical and Computational Aesthetics
- Detail and analysis on the development of CAD and other influences in contemporary design. A division of the International Society for Group Theory in Cognitive Science. Contact information.
Conference for African-American Researchers in the Mathematical Sciences
- CAARMS addresses critical issues involving African-American researchers and graduate students in the mathematical sciences.
Young Mathematicians Network (YMN)
- A loose organization of mathematicians in the junior part of their careers. Newsletter and useful links.
Moscow Mathematical Society
- The Legacy of A. N. Kolmogorov. April 25, 1903 - October 20, 1987. Addresses by Kolmogorov at meetings of the Moscow Mathematical Society.
Council for the Mathematical Sciences
- A body representing the main UK mathematical societies.
Israel Mathematical Union (IMU)
- Professional association, with lists of members and upcoming lectures and colloquia.
Association for Christians in the Mathematical Sciences
- Promotes interaction among Christians in the mathematical sciences and encourages them to explore the relationship of their faith to their discipline. History, meetings, membership, online newsletter and resources.
UK Mathematics Trust
- Organizes national mathematics competitions in the UK for 12-18 year old students. Entry forms and past papers.
National Association of Mathematicians
- US. Aims to promote excellence in the mathematical sciences and the mathematical development of underrepresented American minorities.
Edinburgh Mathematical Society (EMS)
- Founded in 1883 for "the mutual improvement of its members in the Mathematical Sciences, pure and applied", it is the principal mathematical society for the university community in Scotland. Membership is drawn from all the Scottish universities and other educational institutions as well as from mathematicians in industry and commerce both at home and overseas.
Hong Kong Mathematical Society (HKMS)
- Membership directory, meetings and the Hong Kong mathematicians directory.
Belgian Mathematical Society (BMS)
- National mathematics society. Includes staff, conference details and archived newsletters.
International Statistical Institute
- Links to events and resources for statisticians, educators or anyone else interested in data analysis techniques.
Estonian Mathematical Society
- National mathematical society. Contact information and list of members.
Joint Mathematical Council of the United Kingdom
- A forum for discussion between mathematical societies and for making representations to government and other bodies and responses to their enquiries.
Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS)
- National mathematical society. General information, activities, membership and Camel accounts.
European Society for Mathematics and the Arts (ESMA)
- An institution of cultural creation and diffusion. Activities, publications, galleries, resources.
- A list maintained by the International Mathematics Union.
South-East Asia Mathematical Society
- Activities, committee, constitution and publications.
Finnish Mathematical Society
- A society for professionals, appliers and students of mathematics. Includes background information, links, contacts and details of seminars.
Canterbury Mathematical Association
- New Zealand organisation to encourage and support the teaching and learning of Mathematics. Events and Cantmath competition news.
South African Mathematical Society
- Promotes quality learning, teaching, research, social applications, and promotion of math among the general public. Include mission statement, list of members, publications, and events.
Commission for Developing Countries
- An IMU commission to promote mathematics in developing and economically disadvantaged countries and to foster international cooperation.
Scottish Mathematical Council
- Aims to foster and improve mathematical education at all levels, and to encourage the advancement and application of mathematics throughout Scotland.
St. Petersburg Mathematical Society
- Details about meetings, seminars, conferences, membership, employment, and the group's history.
European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics
- Fosters collaborative work within the European research community and with European industry. Activities, publications, information and links.
Association for Women in Mathematics
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging and promoting women and girls in the mathematical sciences including pure and applied mathematics and statistics. Site has newsletters, events and resources including job adverts.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Science : Math : Research
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the