DMOZ Internet Directory
This category is for resources regarding the teaching or dissemination of information regarding environmental science. Content areas often include ecology, as well as "issues" such as recycling, composting, and waste reduction, reuse, and recycling.
Products and Services
[ Submit ]
USGS Learning Web
- K-12 education, exploration, and life-long learning. Explore the Earth through plants and animals, land, water, and maps. Learn how Biology, Geology, Hydrology, and Geography can help us understand our changing world.
Stan Slaughter, Eco-Troubadour
- Teacher and seasoned performer who travels throughout the U.S. performing for children and adults at schools, museums, libraries and festivals. Combines innovative environmental education with lively, fact filled assemblies and workshops supported by curriculum resource materials. Website has extensive program information and links.
The Environmental Studies Centre
- Describes facilities and programs for practical environmental education or "field studies" on the island of Cyprus. Students visit from schools and colleges in Cyprus, the Middle East and Western Europe.
Office of Environmental Education, U.S. EPA
- Describes U.S. government programs, including grant opportunities, in environmental education, and lists links to EPA websites for teachers and kids.
- Provides information and education on biodiversity, conservation practices, and utilization of natural resources, focusing its efforts on troubled rivers, the loss of wetland habitat and endangered fish and wildlife species.
SEEK:Sharing Environmental Education Knowledge
- Minnesota's interactive directory of environmental education resources lists events, curriculum resources, learning centers, and other resources.
The Dr. Wilderness Show
- Touring science magic show offered by a non-profit company in the U.S. Delivers an inspiring message of conservation for planet Earth, while teaching science and natural history.
The Center for Environmental Education and Natural History at Miami University
- Presents a starting point to explore numerous different aspects of environmental education at all levels. Its goal is to increase awareness of opportunities and events to the general public as well as those dedicated to environmental education and betterment.
Loons Forever: Writings on Nature and Nature Conservation
- Environmental education through nature writing on natural history, nature interpretation, environmental ethics, conservation policy and heritage values, including nature stories, fables, essays, plays, songs and animated poems.
- Marine science education in the British Virgin Islands, including seamanship, marine science, scuba diving, and sailing. Includes a description of programs, staff, photo album, voyage details, and links.
EnviroLink: Educational Resources
- List of links to environmental resources on the Internet, for K-12 teachers.
Environmental Leadership Program (ELP)
- Non-profit organization offering fellowships and conducting other programs to foster professional development in the environmental field.
Sigurd Olson Environmental Institute of Northland College
- Information about outdoor education opportunities, and programs in environmental writing and in support of wolf and loon conservation. Offers curriculum guides and other resources for teachers.
Nature Study On Line Project
- Tips for becoming a backyard naturalist, everything from how to identify birds and weeds to the basics of ecology and animal behavior.
Environmental Institute of Houston: Education
- A catalog of programs and other resources relevant to Texas.
- Use waste materials to make crafts as not only an excellent way to recycle, but also as a good way to teach/learn about waste reduction.
Environment for Beginners
- Aims to introduce people to several aspects of pollution and their consequences for the world.
- Features wild life photos, interesting facts, videos, games and competitions.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Science : Environment : Products and Services
Science : Earth Sciences
Science : Environment
Society : Issues : Environment
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the