DMOZ Internet Directory
This category contains health-related sites covering all of Wales or more than one county.
Ambulance Services, Fire and Rescue, Mountain Rescue
National Health Service
Community Health Councils, Local Health Boards, Trusts
[ Submit ]
- An agency in Wales that provides a range of services to help clients overcome drug or alcohol problems, including counselling, detoxification, and residential rehabilitation.
Awares (All Wales Autism Resource)
- A directory of information resources, both online and offline, in Wales and worldwide: includes news, details of seminars. (Cymraeg and English)
Wales Council for the Blind
- Independent umbrella organisation promoting the welfare of blind and partially sighted people and the prevention of blindness. Information about membership, activities, and their Manifesto.
- Telephone helpline offering emotional support and information/literature on mental health and related matters to the people of North Wales and Powys.
Kidney Research Unit for Wales Foundation
- Promote renal research and care. Includes fundraising and events, news, past successes, a gallery of celebrities supporting and patients benefiting, information about the Institute of Nephrology, and ways to help.
- Supports those affected by severe mental illness. Profile, activities and news with local contacts.
Village Home Care
- Independent agency describes its home care services. [Swansea and Cross Hands]
Care Forum Wales
- Lobbies for the care sector. Profile, membership information and news.
Freedom of Information Act
- Details of this act within the NHS Wales.
National Service Frameworks (Wales)
- Information on National Service Frameworks (NSFs) that are being developed to address variations in standards of care and to achieve greater consistency in the availability and quality of services, by putting in place mechanisms which will enable best care to be provided to all.
- Osteopath practicing in Swansea, Gorseinon and Carmarthen. Provides information on osteopathy, its history, the techniques used and the conditions treated, particularly back and neck pain.
Internet Generic Sites
- Provides links to a large number of Welsh health related websites.
- Offers a wide range of complementary health therapies at clinics in North Wales. Provides information on the different therapies and the qualified professionals.
Hearing Aid Solutions
- Audiologists. Offers hearing tests, a tinnitus management centre and hearing aids with a comprehensive free aftercare service including cleaning and adjusting.
Mental Health Matters: Wales
- Organisation aiming to promote mental well-being and to ensure that there is a comprehensive range of mental health services available across Wales.
St John Cymru - Wales
- Provides information on this charitable organisation, the first aid training it provides, volunteering and membership. Other services offered include first aid supplies and patient hospital transport.
- Specialists in the supply and service of a complete range of mobility products for the elderly and less able. Shop online or at stores in several locations in South Wales.
Welsh Medicines Resource Centre (WeMeReC)
- Source of independent information on prescribing for health professionals working in healthcare in Wales including general practitioners (GPs), community pharmacists, medical and pharmaceutical advisers.
Mental Health Wales
- Organisation advocating a comprehensive approach to mental health care. Includes information on the provisions available, carers and their rights, legal matters and a forum.
- Welsh Ambulance Services site for young people in Wales. Provides information on children's views, rights, services, community, health and wellbeing.
Pen Y Lôn
- Offers occupational health and physiotherapy services. Includes details of the occupational health packages available, the training courses and the physiotherapy services delivered at centres in Ruthin, Wrexham and Mold.
Welsh Thoracic Society
- Organisation concerned with the respiratory health of patients. Includes overview of research, training, meetings, and contacts at centres throughout the country.
Welsh Hospital Pharmacy Training
- Information to illustrate the hospital training places and facilities available for Pre-registration Pharmacists and Clinical Diploma Pharmacists in Wales.
Public Health Wales
- Information on this service. An organisation that brings together the public health resources of the five former health authorities.
- Mental health charity that provides a range of services to the mentally ill and campaigning to increase public understanding. Profile and activities.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Directory of GPs, dentists, pharmacies and opticians across Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham, with reference and patient support information.
Saunders and Schwarz
- Optometrists in Denbigh and Llanrwst. Profiler and services.
Gareth Wait Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy and psychotherapy clinic for conditions such as phobias, weight control, depression and to quit smoking. Locations in Bargoed and Pontypool.
Health Solutions Wales
- Information on the organisation and the services that it provides to the NHS in Wales.
All Wales Medicines Strategy Group
- Providing advice on strategic medicines management and prescribing in Wales.
1000 Lives Campaign
- Campaign aiming to prevent 1,000 avoidable deaths in Wales in the next two years.
St David's Foundation Hospice Care
- Provides free specialist advice and support to patients and their families facing a life-threatening illness. Includes details of their residential and home-care services.
- Offers advice and support to private individuals, third sector organisations, public bodies and private businesses.
Breast Test Wales
- Breast cancer screening programme. Aims to provide information of interest to both the general public and health professionals.
Consumer Focus Wales: Protecting Consumers from E Coli 0157
- Describes progress on the implementation of the Pennington Report in Wales, March 2010.
Aberdent Dental Surgery
- Highlights dental surgeries located in Abersychan and Pontnewydd with appointment details and the treatments offered.
Holistic & Sport Massage Therapist
- Brian John Smith offering a variety of bodywork treatments to individuals and companies, including Swedish, remedial and sports massage. Swansea and Neath based clinics.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Regional : Europe : United Kingdom
United Kingdom : Wales : Newport, City of
United Kingdom : Wales : Rhondda Cynon Taff
United Kingdom : Wales : Ceredigion
United Kingdom : Wales : Merthyr Tydfil County Borough
United Kingdom : Wales : Gwynedd
United Kingdom : Wales : Carmarthenshire
United Kingdom : Wales : Blaenau Gwent
United Kingdom : Wales : Denbighshire
United Kingdom : Wales : Flintshire
United Kingdom : Wales : Swansea County
United Kingdom : Wales : Powys
United Kingdom : Wales : Conwy County Borough
United Kingdom : Wales : Neath Port Talbot County Borough
United Kingdom : Wales : Cardiff
United Kingdom : Wales : Vale of Glamorgan
United Kingdom : Wales : Monmouthshire
United Kingdom : Wales : Pembrokeshire
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the