DMOZ Internet Directory
Health and health related sites that are specifically based in or aimed at people in Scotland.
Complementary and Alternative
Ambulance Services, Fire and Rescue, Mountain Rescue
National Health Service
[ Submit ]
Framework Osteopaths Ltd
- Details services, reasons for treatment, fees, corporate deals, FAQ, brochure and contacts. Located in Tillicoultry, University of Stirling and Livingston.
Ayrshire Cancer Support
- Provides emotional support and practical help for patients, their families, carers and the bereaved.
Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
- Quality of life improvement organisation for victims of chest, heart and stroke conditions. Advice, newsletters, jobs and how to volunteer.
Scottish Health On The Web
- Index to a variety of health information accessible to Scottish citizens including resources for health professionals, the general public and users of Scottish health services.
Scottish Radiological Society
- Details of SRS activities, members, contact information and academic meetings. Includes the new home of The X-ray Files, a major UK radiology teaching site.
Alzheimer Scotland - Action on Dementia
- Charity campaigning and providing services for people with dementia and their carers and families; information on coping with dementia, treatments, research and local services.
Children's Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS)
- Scottish children's hospice services in Scotland. Includes a background, photos and fundraising information.
The Scottish Doctor
- Medical schools steering group site with information about the working groups, downloadable reports and links for further research.
You can stop smoking
- Health Scotland provides help in quitting smoking with a national NHS stop smoking campaign.
Home Safety Scotland
- Provides a forum for professionals working in the field of home safety, and undertakes specific campaigns and projects to raise public awareness. Includes information sheets.
Scottish Public Health Observatory
- Public health intelligence unit with medical statistics, news and resources.
Scottish Health Council
- Public body set up by the Scottish Executive to ensure that the views of patients and the public are properly taken into account by Health Boards. Includes a background and news.
The Sandpiper Trust
- Immediate emergency care provider for Scotland. Background, medical details and news.
Food and Health Alliance
- Offers details on association, news and events, policies and contact details.
Health Protection Scotland
- Hand hygiene campaign; includes advice, campaign points, and contacts.
Community Food and Health (Scotland)
- Supports initiatives in low-income communities which help people take up a healthy diet; includes advice, discussion forum, contacts.
Voluntary Health Scotland
- National intermediary body of voluntary and community health organisations; includes forum, library, news and events, and contacts.
Scottish Partnership For Palliative Care
- Information about palliative and cancer care, group profile, services, training, and contacts.
Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN)
- Offers information on guidelines, consultations, methodology and contacts.
Balhousie Care Group
- Residential care facilities for the aged and people with disabilities, homes in Aberdeenshire, Dundee & Angus and Perth & Kinross. Includes details of services, company profiles and contacts.
- Residential care for the elderly; offers company profile, home job vacancies, costs, facilities and contacts. Located in Kilmarnock, East Kilbride and Invergordon.
Scottish Stroke Care Audit
- Offers group profile, report downloads and discussion forum.
Lothian Stroke Managed Clinical Network
- Offers details on participating groups, local services, patient information guide, and contacts.
Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Scotland
- Charitable organisation; offers group profile, details of illness, services offered, advice for professionals and patients, and contacts.
- Scotland’s healthy living campaign website with information on healthy eating, publications, case studies and an ask the experts page.
First Sight Opticians
- Branches in Beith and Johnstone plus a mobile service. Includes directions and contact information.
- Branches throughout Edinburgh and Glasgow. Includes directions and contact information for each location.
- Information about vaccines and the diseases they protect against, published by NHS Health Scotland.
- Advice and information on services available to children with special needs and their carers, including news, events, services and fundraising.
Stewart First Aid Training Ltd
- Offers first aid or health and safety training in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Prestwick. Includes details of the courses and testimonials.
Scottish Heart and Arterial Risk Prevention (SHARP)
- Offers group introduction, staff profiles, details of meetings for health professionals.
Psoriasis Scotland Arthritis Link Volunteers
- Aims to support and gather up to date information for Psoriasis sufferers in Scotland and to inform the public and media about the problems sufferers face on a daily basis.
Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland
- Offers group profile, details of membership, skills and knowledge exchange, and contacts.
- Charity providing care and support to people living with HIV or Hepatitis C throughout Scotland.
Dr Andrew Mackay
- Practising NHS Consultant with an interest in Aesthetic Medicine; offers details of services, pricing, profile, and contacts.
- Private practice with surgeries in Glasgow and East Renfrewshire. Includes information about the treatment and podiatrists.
Growing up in Scotland
- Scottish study started in 2005, following five thousand babies born between May 2004 and February 2005 and three thousand born between May 2002 and February 2003.
Scottish Drug Services Directory
- Contact information and details for agencies who can help with drug treatment and care.
- Optometrists; includes details of services, company and staff profile, and branches. Based in Bridge of Allan, Dunblane and Auchderarder.
- Branches throughout the north-east of Scotland. Includes history, services offered and location map.
Road Safety Scotland
- Develops and co-ordinates national road safety education and publicity initiatives; offers advice for all types of road users, and contacts.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Scotland : Business and Economy : Animals
United Kingdom : Scotland : Dundee, City of
United Kingdom : Scotland : Dumfries and Galloway
United Kingdom : Scotland : Aberdeenshire
United Kingdom : Scotland : Glasgow, City of
United Kingdom : Scotland : Highland
United Kingdom : Scotland : Aberdeen, City of
United Kingdom : Scotland : Stirling District
United Kingdom : Scotland : Edinburgh, City of
Regional : Europe : United Kingdom
United Kingdom : Scotland : Borders
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the