DMOZ Internet Directory
Science and Environment
[ Submit ]
Moors for the Future Partnership
- Promoting the recovery and improvement of the Peak District's moorlands. Profile, partners and projects.
Kemerton Conservation Trust
- A charitable trust promoting the conservation and preservation natural and man made beauty through countryside stewardship in the Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Herefordshire area.
Sussex Biodiversity Records Centre
- Works with naturalists to provide biological information on the species and habitats of Sussex. Reports on rare and protected species, surveys, designated and non-designated areas and key habitats and features.
- Describes the tidal surge that sweeps up the estuary of the River Severn. Videos, pictures, and bore times.
The River Ribble
- Guide to the River Ribble, from its source in North Yorkshire, to the sea at Lytham in Lancashire. With photographs of points along the way, linked to maps.
Herts & Middlesex Badger Group
- Describes the group and its activities with events and information about membership.
Craven & Pendle Geological Society
- Programme, news, publications and papers.
Noise Mapping England
- DEFRA site that allows residents in major urban areas to find out how noisy is it in their neighbourhood.
Peak District National Park Authority
- Features a learning zone and visitor information.
Common Land Database for England
- Searchable database of common land in England. Lists parcels of registered common land organised and mapped by area.
Hertfordshire and Middlesex Bat Group
- Local affiliate to BCT dedicated to the conservation of species and their habitats. Includes introductory information on local roosts, detection, annual cycle, myths, children's quiz, related links and contacts.
- The statutory service responsible for looking after the wild plants, animals, biodiversity, and natural features of England. Includes details of projects, programmes and publications, virtual tours of nature reserves, and volunteer information.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the