DMOZ Internet Directory
Business and Economy
[ Submit ]
Business in the Community
- A movement of businesses committed to continually improving their positive impact on society through corporate social responsibility.
Plastics and Board Industries Federation
- Overview of the federation, membership information and benefits, publications and index of members and their products and services.
Building Societies Members Association
- News and issues relating to building society membership. They aim to promote mutual status of societies.
Institute of Diagnostic Engineers
- Professional institute for people who are concerned with servicing and maintenance of machines and structures, and the effectiveness or engineering of industrial systems. Training, networking, information sharing and updating.
Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA)
- Trade association of companies specialising in planning and installing home cinema. Includes list of members.
The BioIndustry Association
- Encouraging and promoting the biotechnology sector of the UK economy. Membership, events, committees, regulations, publications, NewsCAST, BIA Bulletin and News from the Net.
- National strategic body for design. Explains the purpose of the organisation, provides a knowledge resource, offers information on current projects and practical help for businesses and designers.
Food and Drink Federation
- Body representing the UK food and drink manufacturing industry. FDF works with government, NGOs and consumers to develop industry positions on issues and renew confidence in the food chain.
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Education and qualification body representing purchasing and supply chain professionals. Includes details of membership, training, resources, local branches, news and forum.
National Home Improvement Council
- Trade association lists member companies and organisations that work in the home improvement sector, and offers advice on improving and modernising homes.
Gay Business Association
- Chamber of commerce type organisation for gay and lesbian run businesses. Directory of members, membership information, events, and newsletter.
Heart of England Fine Foods
- Organisation for producers, growers and processors of speciality food and drink from the counties of Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and the urban conurbation's of the West Midlands region. Includes news, events, directories and recipes.
British Academy of Management
- Describes the organisation and its objectives and gives information about activities, membership and fellowship, journal, conferences and constitution.
- The Confederation of British Industry is one of the UK's leading independent employers' organisation. Representing over 250,000 public and private sector companies.
Royal Town Planning Institute
- Information about the Institute and the planning profession, with details of publications, awards and policy.
The Consumer Protection Association
- Independent body offering a range of services designed to offer the purchaser of home improvements valuable protection and peace of mind. Information on organisation and search facility for approved contractor.
Pacific Asia Travel Association UK Chapter
- Formed to contribute to the growth and development of travel and tourism in the Pacific Asia area. Membership details and 'ask the expert' forum.
National Microelectronics Institute
- Not-for-profit organisation promoting the operation and growth of the microelectronics industry in the UK and Ireland. Information on the organisation, industry and members.
Institute of Marine Engineers (IMarE)
- Information about the Institute and its activities.
Transport Container Standardisation Committee (TCSC)
- A UK nuclear industry club concerned with containers for transporting nuclear materials. Codes of practice and relevant papers.
British Woodturners Association
- List of members and the products they manufacture.
Basement Information Centre
- National centre for information about the development and use of basements. Includes publication details, products and services and a forum.
EEF: The Manufacturers' Organisation
- Industry body for engineering and manufacturing employers, offering support on employment law, employee relations, health and safety, skills and environmental management.
Corporate Research Forum
- Aims to shape decision-making, policy-setting, good practice and performance standards in member organisations with support from our associate companies. Includes details of membership, research, events and a members-only area.
Forum of Private Business
- Aims to influence laws and policies affecting small-medium sized businesses. With membership information, research resources, documents for download and news.
- Careers details, news, membership and events. Includes a forum and link to the South African branch.
Social Enterprise Coalition
- National organisation promoting businesses set up to tackle a social or environmental need. Includes a profile and information on policies, campaigns and events.
Aluminium Stockholders Association
- Describes the organisation, its objectives and membership. Provides information about aluminium, market data, news, events and a members' area.
The Brewing, Food and Beverage Industry Suppliers Association
- Trade organization for beer, food, and beverage suppliers, founded in 1907. Background, publications, events, members area.
The Institute of Directors (IOD)
- UK organisation representing individual company directors.
The Marketing Society
- Network of senior marketers. Provides information on the society, membership, events, development programmes, knowledge resources and a video library.
NAFLIC (National Association for Leisure Industry Certification)
- A forum in which representatives of the fairground and theme park industries, manufacturers and inspectors establish codes of practice to improve standards of safety, engineering excellence, testing and certification.
Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors (IAEA)
- Features a guide and members search.
- Europe's largest organisation dedicated to the promotion of teleworking. Details of membership requirements, news, events and jobs, with publications, ezine and online shop.
China-Britain Business Council
- Highlighting forthcoming seminars, trade missions, exhibitions and key calendar dates for trade between the UK and China.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the