DMOZ Internet Directory
Sites related to Horology, the science and technology of timekeeping. This category includes the theory, the history, the technology, the art and every imaginable aspect of Horology.
[ Submit ]
- The Smithsonian Institute's exhibition on the changing ways people have measured, used, and thought about time over the past three hundred years.
- The Horological Foundation's directory of web sites for watches, clocks, instruments and barometers.
How The Days of the Week Got Their Names
- A short history of the week and each day of the week.
Cumbria Clock Company
- Company specialized in all aspects of work connected with church clocks, public clocks, and tower clocks which includes the full historical restoration of antique clock movements.
Allan Variance -- Overview by David W. Allan
- Core algorithm of international time scale has multiple metrology applications, from atomic clock frequency characterization to definition of the meter. Equation, explanation and publications.
Jens Olsen's Astronomical Clock
- Description of the restoration of Jens Olsen's Astronomical Clock, a masterpiece in Copenhagen City Hall that consists of 15.448 individual parts.
Mark Frank's Home Page
- Website showing the restoration of a French flat bed tower clock in great detail, step by step, as well as other information and links of tower clock sites.
Abbey Clock Clinic - Mark Headrick's Horology Page
- Traditional horology website with information and mantainance tips. Technical descriptions and troubleshooting of escapements. Grandfather clocks, wall clocks, and watches.
Daylight Saving Time
- History of daylight saving time and how we use it to save energy.
- National chapter of the NAWCC dedicated to collaborative research on the history and horology of pocket watches.
David Knight - Watchmaker from UK
- Articles and pictures of the first two watches made by David Knight. Rich artistic pictures.
National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors
- Organization of watch and clock enthusiasts.
Horology - The Index
- Horology is the science of time, timekeeping and timekeepers. Organized collection of links to horological websites globally.
Leap Year Calculation for Year 2000
- A response to a VMS problem report giving a detailed explanation of why 2000 is a leap year.
How Stuff Works: Time
- Complete five-part explanation of time and how it is measured, including information about clocks, time zones, calendars, BC and AD.
Orologio: Restoration of St. Mark's Square Tower, Venice
- Includes technical and historical explanation of the restoration and controversy of the tower.
Richard White Clocks
- Specialists in servicing, maintaining, restoring and repairing of tower, turret and church clocks. Provides details of their services, the automated mechanisms available, case studies and their news.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Reference : Time
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the