DMOZ Internet Directory
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION - Organized educational programs which are directly related to the preparation of individuals for paid or unpaid employment, or for additional preparation for a career requiring other than a baccalaureate or advanced degree.
[ Submit ]
- The European agency that helps policy makers and practitioners of the European Commission, the Member States and social partner organisations across Europe make informed choices about vocational training policy.
- Provides a means of exchange and comparison of world-class competency standards in the industrial trades and service sectors of the global economy. Includes history, competition details and information on competitors.
- A national organization serving more than 245,000 high school and college students and professional members who are enrolled in training programs in technical, skilled, and service occupations, including health occupations.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
- A non-profit association of education and training organizations and individuals devoted to the constructive and consistent use of the continuing education unit and to the improvement of the quality and effectiveness of continuing education, training and human resource development.
Tech Directions Magazine
- Tech Directions is a trade journal for teachers and administrators of career/technical and technology vocational education. It contains sources of information tailored especially for career/ technical and technology educators.
- The world's largest directory of online educational courses and programs. The corporate headquarters in Alberta, Canada partners with many U.S. schools to provide a list of resources for online education.
Degrees to Succeed
- Listing of U.S. and Canadian vocational schools offering associate degrees in animation, automotive technology, business, culinary arts, design, and IT.
The Electronic Training Village
- Information in the field of vocational education and training (VET) in Europe.
Association for Career and Technical Education
- A national education association dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for careers. Its mission is to provide educational leadership in developing a competitive workforce.
The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER)
- Develops and publishes standardized construction and maintenance curricula, safety programs, management education, industry image materials and craft skills assessments.
Lincoln Technical Institute
- Trade school with locations in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland and Texas. Offering HVAC, electronic engineering, computer technician, automotive technician, auto mechanic, and diesel mechanics.
- Online resource of business, graphic design, information technology and culinary vocational schools in US and Canada.
National Association for Career Technical Education Information
- America's premier organization for development and improvement of vocational-technical education information, finance, and accountability systems.
National Center for Research in Vocational Education (NCRVE)
- America's largest center engaged in research, development, dissemination and outreach in work-related education.
- Guide to Automotive,Aircraft,and Nascar mechanic schools in the United States
- A resource for locating trade schools. Featuring locations for business, computer, and cooking programs, and schools offering graphic, web and fashion design.
Automotive Youth Educational Systems (AYES)
- A non-profit organization which provides mechanical training in line with theAYES initiative. Details of schools located across the US. White papers, news and partner details.
Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE)
- Supports a wide range of programs and activities that help young people and adults obtain the knowledge and skills they need for successful careers and productive lives.
Vocational Information Center
- Career exploration directory that provides links to resources such as: career descriptions, career planning, trade and technical schools, workplace skills and issues, job hunting, and vocational education.
Career Training Directory
- The directory segments vocational fields so that you can find the information you need to start a new career.
National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium
- An organization of state and territorial vocational education agency heads committed to leadership and outstanding performance in vocational technical education.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Education and Training
Business : Construction and Maintenance
Education and Training
Reference : Education : Distance Learning
Social Sciences : Psychology : Industrial and Organizational
Society : Organizations : Student
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the