DMOZ Internet Directory
Records generated, preserved and made available by a college or university.
[ Submit ]
University of Massachusetts Lowell - Center for Lowell History
- The Center maintains subject-based collections as well as the records of the university. The site features collection descriptions and exhibits.
University of Saskatchewan Archives
- Holdings include University administrative records; publications; manuscripts of faculty, staff and alumni; campus organizations; photographs; architectural drawings and plans; and film, video and sound recordings.
McGill University (Montreal, Canada) Archives
- Inventories, records management policies and retention schedules, and transfer guidelines. Features a survey on managing university web sites, and a photograph exhibit on student life.
Northwestern University Archives
- Includes inventories, donor instructions, exhibits, and contact information. Features biographies and photographs of notable Northwestern alumni.
Archives Hub (UK)
- A major national gateway to archive collections held in UK universities and colleges, forming part of the National Archives Network.
- Inventories, subject-based collection lists, records management policies and forms, and an archives tutorial. Site features links to Alabama history websites, and an exhibit of photographs of and facts about buildings on the campus.
University of British Columbia Archives and Records Management Services
- Inventories, records management policies and procedures, and exhibits. Features a searchable photograph and publications database, and an illustrated chronology of UBC history.
University of Dundee Archives
- Records of this Scottish university, together with business, organisational, church, legal and private records, including plans and photographs. Location, opening hours, collections.
Gateway to Archives of Scottish Higher Education
- GASHE is a project to provide online access to collection descriptions for the archives of Scottish universities. Ten institutions are currently participating, including the Glasgow School of Art, the University of Edinburgh, and the University of Glasgow.
University of Oregon Archives
- Features links to finding aids, photograph inventories, digitized photographs, records retention schedules, and instructions for transferring records to the Archives.
Syracuse University Archives and Records Management
- Web site features retention schedules, online exhibits, collection descriptions, and articles on Syracuse University history.
Oberlin College Archives
- The Oberlin College Archives holds the permanently valuable records of the institution as well as those of individuals, families and organizations affiliated with Oberlin College or the town of Oberlin. Included are materials of movements with which Oberlin has been associated, such as antislavery, black education, coeducation, missions, and temperance. Web site features finding guides, records retention schedules and transfer guidelines, visitor information, and brief articles on Oberlin history.
University of New Hampshire Archives
- Includes visitor information, finding aids, and a chronology with photographs and biographies of significant figures in the history of UNH.
University of Alberta Archives
- Visitor information, a history of the Archives, a guide to the holdings, and resources for University records management.
Northeastern University Libraries Archives and Special Collections
- Collects records from Northeastern University and from social justice organizations serving Boston's diverse, under-documented populations. Information about the collections and how to use them.
University of Pennsylvania Archives & Records Center
- Collection overview, exhibits, contact information, and records management and transfer policies. Features descriptions and examples of photograph collections.
University of Melbourne Archives
- The Archives includes subject-based and regional collections as well as the University Archives. Searchable collection descriptions, and features a searchable catalogue of digitized photographs.
University of Missouri at Columbia Archives
- Includes exhibits, finding aids, topical guides, and contact information.
Oxford University Archives
- List of collections, policies and procedures, and a history of the archives.
Washington State University: Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC)
- Collections consist of Washington Territorial imprints, early Washington State maps, rare titles concerning Pacific Northwest History, and the major part of the working library of Leonard and Virginia Woolf.
Australian Digital Theses (ADT) Program
- A project to create a national collaborative distributed database of digitised theses produced at Australian universities. The ADT database provides access to PhD and Masters by Research theses only.
University at Buffalo - University Archives
- Includes collection descriptions, finding aids, contact information, access policies and procedures. The site features detailed UB histories and online exhibits with photographs, sound files, and pdf files.
Rutgers University Archives
- Exhibits on Rutgers history, inventories, and contact information. Features collection management and development policy.
Yale University Library: Manuscripts and Archives
- Holds over 1700 collections of personal and family papers and organizational records that document a variety of areas, as well as the university's own archives.
Archives of the University of Notre Dame
- Collection of papers of prominent Catholic institutions and individuals, as well as records of the university.
Brandeis University (Waltham, MA) - Robert D. Farber University Archives and Special Collections Department
- Includes inventories, subject-based listings, and records management policies and schedules. Features several exhibits on the history of the University.
Trent University (Ontario, Canada) Archives
- Houses private manuscripts and regional collections as well as university records. Includes subject guides, inventories, an archives tutorial, an administrative history of the University, and some digitized photographs.
East Carolina University: Special Collections
- Descriptions and finding aids for the manuscript and map collections and university archives.
Tufts University Digital Collections and Archives
- Records management policies and procedures, an image database, inventories, and contact information. Features a searchable and browsable encyclopedia of Tufts history.
Texas A&M University Cushing Memorial Library and Archives
- Features history, collections, exhibits, services, and news.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography (UC San Diego) Archives
- Inventories, contact information, and access policies. Features a chronology and bibliography on the history of the Institution, and digitized photographs.
University of California, Irvine University Archives
- Features topical guides and help pages for transferring records to the Archives.
University of Regina: Archives & Special Collections
- Holdings document the history of the university, including publications; student records; and papers relating to visual art, journalism and literature.
University of Victoria Archives
- UVic Archives is comprised of UVic institutional archives, private archives from the university community, and private archives relating to the history of the geographical region. Includes inventories, an archival catalog, records management resources, and archival links. Features an illustrated essay on the history of the campus site, and a "Directory of Records" database.
Glasgow University Archive Services
- Research resource centre for history of the University of Glasgow and Scottish business. Subject strengths: records management, archival training, education, science, industry, art, architecture, banking, locomotives, retailing, shipbuilding, textiles, whisky.
University of Michigan - Bentley Historical Library
- Information on library's holdings in University Archives and Michigan Historical Collections. Includes reference services, exhibits, inventories and digitized photographs.
University of Southampton Libraries Special Collections
- Searchable archives of the papers of the Duke of Wellington and Lord Palmerston, as well as surveys of the papers of senior defence personnel and the Jewish Archives in the UK and Eire.
University of California, Berkeley - The Bancroft Library
- The Bancroft Includes subject-based collections as well as the University of California systemwide records and the Berkeley campus archives. Includes inventories, and contact and access information.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
College and University
Reference : Libraries
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the