DMOZ Internet Directory
Sites in this category contain jokes, essays, songs, students' test answers and other humorous content pertaining to science, math, engineering and statistics.
Flaming Pop Tarts
Health and Safety
Search the below web sites:
Search the below web sites:
Ask Dr. Science
- America's foremost authoritarian on the world around us. Or at least the world around him.
- International science humor magazine chronicles genuine and concocted research from Earth's best and worst scientists and science writers, and administers the annual Ig Nobel Prize ceremony. Many articles online not in the print version, and vice versa.
Science Jokes (Joachim Verhagen's site)
- Collection of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, geology and university humor. It also includes humorous quotes, rhymes, mnemonics and anecdotes about scientists
The Straight Dope by Cecil Adams
- "Education and Condescension" - Fighting ignorance since 1973, Cecil Adams takes questions from the teeming millions, spewing forth correctness week after week in his replies.
Best of RHF: Computer, Science and Math Jokes
- A selection from the rec.humor.funny newsgroup.
Flaxon Alternative Interface Technologies
- Home and underground research and development facility of the Evil Doctor Flaxon, located in the heart of the Nevada nuclear test site.
Science Humor Webring
- This ring is intended to join websites with humor about science and scientists, so that you can wander forever along the science humor sites.
- Prompted by a letter from Dr. Eugenie Scott in Science News noting that the creationists have all the good songs, Dr. Stephen Baird decided to address the long neglected problem of scientific gospel. Includes music, quotes, and merchandise.
- The Journal of Omniresearch Online publishes original humorous research articles in a broad range of scientific topics. [Contains fictitious information.]
Good Science Jokes
- Scientific humor, jokes, and cartoons organized by topic.
Strange But Untrue Science
- Explore the three key areas of Science (Phydlstics, Pharmacy and Squidgy Things) with a mad scientist.
Why Is The Sky Blue
- Features funny scientific misinformation and silliness.
Society for Scientific Exploitation
- Promoting the belief in exotic, aberrant, or supernatural explanations for ostensibly anomalous or paranormal phenomena.
Stop the Spin
- Satirical organization dedicated to stopping global warming by stopping the spin of the earth.
Blunders and Mistakes of Science
- A compilation of mistakes which are the result of misapplication or ignorance of science and engineering principles.
- Delves into many scientific disciplines to come up with some unusual insights and experiments.
The Journal of Irreproducible Results
- Bimonthly science humor magazine published since 1955. Sample articles, subscription and contact information, and the magazine's history.
- A news site that explores the edges of science: altered realities, near-death experiences, unsolved mysteries, exotic sushi, parallel universes, religion and science, weird and fun, sex, beauty and brains, fantastic memes. Edited by science writer Dr. Cliff Pickover.
Scientific Quotes Gathered on the Net
- Miscellaneous quotes, including: what in the world is electricity, and where does it go after it leaves the toaster?
South Pacific Institute of Nolledge
- Te Ngstitute Pikamanaga O Pasifika. A satirical look at modern corporate research institutes: nolledge, boffins, sustainable managers, ambush marketing, and electron retrospectroscopy.
Causal or Casual?
- The relationship between strep throat and Italian restaurant food.
- Webcomic about science and the situations that occur when it all goes wrong.
- A humorous look at influential scientists throughout history.
Science : Science in Society : Skeptical Inquiry
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the