DMOZ Internet Directory
Silver and Flatware
Informational resource sites for antique silver and flatware.
[ Submit ]
- Reference site for designer William Spratling with more than 300 photos, tips, history and a question and answer forum.
Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks and Maker's Marks
- A photographic directory of American, British, European and Mexican silver maker's marks and hallmarks found on antique sterling and coin silver.
Silver Salon Forums
- Resource for learning about collecting silver, silversmiths, flatware and holloware with a question and answer forum.
Association of Small Collectors of Antique Silver
- ASCAS is an association for collectors and lovers of antique silver. Includes informative and historical articles, and newsletter archive.
- A personal collection of antique silver and objects of vertu, primarily Continental, with an image index of the corresponding marks.
- A study focusing on the Arts and Crafts metalwork movement in Chicago, especially The Kalo Shop, America's longest-lived silversmith operation. Includes examples and images of marks.
Silver Sugar Tongs
- An informational site about Georgian silver sugar tongs, including makers, hallmarks, assay offices and images of tongs.
- Information and history of tea infusers. Visitors may submit tea ball images from their own collections.
- A forum dedicated to collecting silverware with sections on reading hallmarks, cleaning and restoration. Most suitable for beginner and intermediate collectors.
- Reference site for collectors of tea tongs by the author of "Eighteenth Century Silver Tea Tongs". Includes a forum and newly-discovered information since the book was published.
- Collection of antique silver bookmarks, featuring many unique pieces. The bookmarks are mainly silver but include brass, copper, celluloid, gold, enameled and jeweled examples.
- A study focusing on the family connections of 17th through 19th century American silversmiths and engravers. Includes an index of names and images of the marks each used.
The Stieff Company
- This historical reference for the Baltimore silversmith includes date and year marks, pattern images, vintage catalogs and advertising, and family information.
- Silverware pattern matching guide, and list of manufacturers.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Silver, Pewter and Flatware
Shopping : Antiques and Collectibles
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the