DMOZ Internet Directory
Public Health and Safety
The branch of medicine concerned with diseases, mainly of parasitic origin, common in tropical and subtropical regions. National Library of Medicine - Medical Subject Headings-2000 MeSH
[ Submit ]
Research and Training in Tropical Diseases
- Program sponsored by the World Health Organization, the United Nations, and the World Bank involved in combating major tropical diseases. Links to research publications.
American Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Purpose includes the prevention and control of tropical diseases through research and education.
Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- London-based organization promoting the study, control and prevention of tropical diseases.
A Guide to Travel Health and Tropical Diseases
- Information on tropical diseases especially Malaria, dangerous sea creatures, survival at sea.
Tropical Disease Research
- Division of WHO which promotes, advocates and coordinates tropical disease control to improve the health status of individual communities and populations.
TROPMEDEX : Tropical Medicine Expeditions
- Intensive learning course on Tropical Medicine and Travel Medicine for health care professionals in Kenya and Uganda (East Africa).
McGill University Centre for Tropical Diseases
- The Centre offers a number of educational opportunities each year in the fields of Tropical Medicine, Laboratory Parasitology and International Health.
American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Content includes scientific articles on tropical medicine, parasitology, infectious diseases, epidemiology, virology and international medicine.
Wellcome Trust Centre for Tropical Medicine
- Provides information on research conducted on public health issues in tropical countries. Links, meetings and publications are included on the website.
Tropical Medicine Internet Resources
- Links arranged by subject. Hosted by the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
- Mission is contribute to the improvement of the health of populations internationally through research, services and teaching and training.[English, German and French]
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Public Health and Safety : Disease Control and Prevention : Immunizations
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the