DMOZ Internet Directory
Palliative care is the active total care of patients whose disease is not responsive to curative treatment. This category deals with sites that promote, educate and inform the public about palliative care in general.
Liverpool Care Pathway
[ Submit ]
- The president of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Dr. Ira Byock, provides excerpts from his book about resources for patients and families facing life-limiting illness.
Pioneer Programs in Palliative Care: Nine Case Studies
- In this report clinicians at nine hospitals describe the establishment of formal programs of palliative care.
- A national initiative to increase awareness of hospice palliative care and services in Canada. The campaign is presented in partnership with the Canadian Palliative Care Association and The Glaxo Wellcome Foundation.
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center - Symptom Control and Palliative Care
- A resource for clinical information, education, research and academic training in palliative care.
THe EPEC Project (Education on Palliative and End-of-life-Care)
- Offers continuing medical education conferences, distance learning, educational materials and consulting.
HMS Center for Palliative Care
- Programs offered at Harvard Medical School for healthcare professionals. Located in Boston, Mass.
- Provides independent information for health professionals about drugs usage in this specialty.
Center to Advance Palliative Care
- Promotes wider access to palliative care in hospitals and health systems throughout the United States.
Texas Academy of Palliative Medicine
- Developed for palliative care physicians in Texas, containing details of meetings and useful online resources.
Department of Pain Medicine and Palliative Care
- Consumer and professional health education on the treatment of chronic pain as well as on comfort or palliative care for those with long-term illness. Beth Israel Medical Center, New York.
General Practice Notebook - Palliative care
- Coverage of this medical speciality.
Cochrane Pain, Palliative Care and Supportive Care Group
- Information on this research review group, a member of the international Cochrane Collaboration, dedicated to providing systematic reviews of published evidence in the field of palliative care.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Health : Medicine : Facilities
Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Health : Mental Health
Health : Nursing : Specialties
Society : Issues
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the