DMOZ Internet Directory
Evidence Based Medicine
For sites concerning the application of EBM principles to the practice of Oncology.
[ Submit ]
- Evidence-based oncology news, research, education, and analysis, with some free full-text access to peer-reviewed content.
NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology
- Authoritative guidelines for oncology professionals for the treatment of all major malignancies, and for their detection, prevention, risk reduction, and associated supportive care. From The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), a not-for-profit alliance of leading cancer centers in the U.S.
NCCN Guidelines for Patients
- Patient versions of authoritative NCCN guidelines for the treatment of nine of the most common cancer types. From The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), a not-for-profit alliance of leading cancer centers in the U.S.
ASCO Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Authoritative clinical practice guidelines for oncology professionals, including treatment and supportive care, and assays and predictive markers. From the American Society of Clinical Oncology whose guidelines, along with those of NCCN, determine current oncology practice.
Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology
- Evidence-based guidelines and consensus statements from the New Zealand Ministry of Health (MOH), downloadable as PDFs.
Searching for evidence-based oncology
- Outlines basic evidence-based search strategies and possible databases to use for oncology information.
Diagnosis and Management of Lung Cancer: ACCP Evidence-Based Guidelines
- Lung cancer guidelines from the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP).
PEBC: Program in Evidence-based Care
- Evidence-based systematic reviews in cancer care and research, with evidence summaries for both healthcare providers and the public. From Cancer Care ontario.
Eight ways to stay healthy after cancer: an evidence-based message
- A message campaign that provides cancer survivors with an evidence-based, but user-friendly, approach detailing eight domains of a critical health promotion program. 
ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Evidence-based recommendations for the best standards of cancer care. From the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO).
Breast Cancer Watch
- Provides commentary on research into breast cancer treatment and prevention.
Hepatocellular carcinoma review: Current treatment, and evidence-based medicine
- An overview of treatment of early and advanced stage hepatocellular carcinoma based on extensive literature review. 
- A collaborative wiki created by oncologists as a knowledge base for oncotherapy (chemotherapy, biological, and endocrine) drugs and regimens subcategorized by cancer type, providing dosing, schedule and level of confirming evidence.
Quality of Reporting of Modern Randomized Controlled Trials in Medical Oncology: A Systematic Review
- Assesses the overall reporting quality of oncology RCTs according to recognized CONSORT criteria, finding that despite significant improvments, many items remain very poorly reported and may conceal important problems in trial design or conduct. 
Adherence to CONSORT Adverse Event Reporting Guidelines in Randomized Clinical Trials Evaluating Systemic Cancer Therapy: A Systematic Review
- Review that finds poor reporting of adverse events (AEs) in oncology RCTs, which was not appreciably better among articles published in high impact factor journals. 
SIO Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Collection of cancer-specific guidelines from the Society of Surgical Oncology (SIO).
Brain Tumor Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Evidence-based practice guidelines on the treatment of adult and pediatric brain tumor patients, from the American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) and the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN).
ASH Clinical Guidelines
- Oncology-oriented evidence-based practice guidelines, from American Society of Hematology (ASH).
Clinical best practice
- Evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, guides and recommendations for various cancer types, from Cancer Australia.
Locoregional therapy of locally advanced breast cancer: a clinical practice guideline | Brackstone |
- Systematic review supporting key therapeutic recommendations for locally advanced breast cancer (LABC), from Cancer Care Ontario's Program in Evidence-Based Care and the Breast Cancer Disease Site Group. 
Hype versus Hope: Metformin and Vitamin D as Anticancer Agents
- Evidence-based critical review of claimed anticancer activities of metformin and Vitamin D including Vitamin D randomized trials, and highlighting the limitations of observational studies. From ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology. 
Evidence-based Clinical Practice Guidelines for Interventional Pain Management in Cancer Pain
- Evidence-based practice guidelines for interventional therapies in the management of iintractable cancer pain not amenable to standard oral or parenteral analgesics. 
Complementary Therapies and Integrative Medicine in Lung Cancer: Diagnosis and Management of Lung Cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Systematic review of randomized controlled trials, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and prospective cohort studies assessing the current evidence base on the benefits and risks of complementary therapies in patients with lung cancer. 
Clinical Practice Guidelines on the Use of Integrative Therapies as Supportive Care in Patients Treated for Breast Cancer
- Evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for the use of complementary and/or integrative therapies in breast cancer patients during and beyond cancer treatment to manage symptoms, prevent toxicities, and improve quality of life; Journal of the National Cancer Institute Monograph. 
Diabetes and cancer: A critical appraisal of the pathogenetic and therapeutic links
- Summarizes the epidemiological evidence for an association between diabetes and various cancers, and explores the pathophysiological mechanisms potentially involved in promoting carcinogenesis in diabetes and the impact of different anti-diabetic therapies on cancer risk. 
Prostate-Specific Antigen Screening in Prostate Cancer: Perspectives on the Evidence
- Discusses and contrasts two perspectives on the evidence for PSA screening from opposing camps on this issue: Dr Timothy Wilt on the hazards of PSA screening and Dr Peter Scardino on the merits of tailored PSA screening. From an educational session at the 2013 ASCO annual meeting on this topic. 
Speeding the Dissemination and Implementation of Evidence-Based Interventions for Cancer Control and Prevention
- Describes interactive approaches for accelerating dissemination and implementation of evidence-based interventions in oncology, illustrated using examples from obesity prevention and tobacco control. 
Rectal cancer: An evidence-based update for primary care providers
- Overview of the diagnosis, staging and multimodal therapy in primary care of patients with rectal cancer. 
SAGE Directory of Cancer Guidelines
- A searchable database of more than 2,500 English-language cancer control guidelines and standards released since 2003, rated for reporting quality.
Putting Evidence Into Practice: An Update of Evidence-Based Interventions for Cancer-Related Fatigue During and Following Treatment
- Critical appraisal of the strength and quality of the evidence regarding the safety and efficacy of pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic interventions to ameliorate cancer-related fatigue (CRF) during and following cancer and its treatment, and at the end of life. 
Outcome analysis of breast cancer patients who declined evidence-based treatment
- Exploration of the characteristics and survival outcomes of women with breast cancer who declined recommended primary standard treatments. 
Clinical Practice Guidelines on the Use of Integrative Therapies as Supportive Care in Patients Trea
- A systematic review based on the Institute of Medicine’s guideline development process to identify randomized controlled trials on the efficacy of integrative therapies for supportive care in patients receiving breast cancer treatment. 
Building the Evidence Base for Integrative Approaches to Care of Cancer Survivors
- Appreciation of the work and goals of the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in assessing efficacy and safety of interventions in integrative oncology. 
Medical marijuana for cancer
- Evidence-based review the literature on the medical use and safety of marijuana and cannabinoid pharmaceuticals, with emphasis on indications relevant to oncology. 
Mind-Body Practices in Cancer Care
- Evidence-based review from MD Anderson Cancer Center of mind-body techniques such as meditation, yoga, tai chi, and qigong for improvements in different aspects of the quality of life of cancer patients. 
Integrative Oncology: An Overview
- Evidence-based summary of research results stemming from the integration of complementary therapies with mainstream oncology care when using nonpharmacologic modalitiesto reduce symptom burden and improve quality of life in cancer patients. From the Integrative Medicine Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. 
Cancer and fertility preservation: international recommendations from an expert meeting
- Ten recommendations to help physicians in counseling their young cancer patients interested in fertility preservation, from a workshop of content experts on the topic of “cancer and fertility preservation” held in Genova in April 2015. 
Review complementary and integrative interventions for cancer-related cognitive changes
- Review of existing evidence for the use of complementary and integrative interventions to prevent or treat cancer-related cognitive changes and discussion of the rationale for current and future research. 
Early Detection of Anthracycline Cardiotoxicity and Improvement With Heart Failure Therapy
- Prospective evaluation of the incidence, time of occurrence, clinical correlates, and response to heart failure therapy of anthracycline-related cardiotoxicity in the oncology setting. 
Anthracycline Cardiotoxicity - A New Paradigm for an Old Classic
- Reflections on the problem of cardiotoxicity in cardio-oncology, the current state-of-the-art, and what needs to still be achieved. 
Hepatocellular carcinoma: From clinical practice to evidence-based treatment protocols
- Critical review of the best evidence to date for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), both local therapies and pharmacological interventions. 
Vitamin D and Its Relationship with Breast Cancer: An Evidence Based Practice Paper
- Evaluation of the relationship between vitamin D levels and breast cancer risk. 
Illuminating anthracycline cardiotoxicity: the renaissance of evidence-based onco-cardiology
- Reflections on, and an editorial call for, a transition of onco-cardiology from an expert-based into an evidence-based discipline. Article in Journal of Thoracic Disease 
Review of hormone-based treatments in postmenopausal patients with advanced breast cancer focusing on aromatase inhibitors and fulvestrant
- Critical evaluation of outcome in clinical trials performed in postmenopausal patients with advanced breast cancer treated with various endocrine regimens, including letrozole, anastrozole, exemestane and fulvestrant. 
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Health : Medicine : Medical Specialties
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the