DMOZ Internet Directory
Conditions and Diseases
Parkinson's Disease Organizations offer information, gather donations for research, and may provide discussion forums for PD sufferers, friends, and family members.
[ Submit ]
National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
- Information about Parkinson's disease, articles from their newsletters, on-lines tests for tremor and clinical depression, as well as an Ask-The-Doctor forum.
The Center for Neurologic Study
- CNS is a non profit foundation in La Jolla, California, dedicated to research and treatment of neurological diseases. Parkinson's disease information is in the archives.
Michael J. Fox Foundation
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) for Parkinson's Research is dedicated to ensuring the development of a cure for Parkinson's disease within this decade through an aggressively funded research agenda.
Michigan Parkinson Foundation
- A voluntary non-profit corporation providing people with Parkinson's disease in Michigan information on support groups state-wide, current events, research news, and clinical trials. Quarterly newsletter is available on-line.
Northwest Parkinson's Foundation
- A non-profit organization located in the Pacific Northwest which promotes awareness, education, care and a cure for Parkinson's Disease.
Parkinson's Disease Foundation
- A national non-profit organization devoted to research, patient education, and public advocacy.
PALS Support Group (Ireland)
- PALS Support Group has formally existed since November, 1998 and is a branch of the Parkinson's Association of Ireland. It is the brainchild of its Chairman, David Magennis, who has had PD since he was 28.
Parkinson Association of Mecklenburg County
- Provides support group meetings, information to the community, membership, prescription assistance to members, a swim therapy program and home health care information. Mecklenburg County, North Carolina.
Parkinson's Action Network
- PANs primary mission since its founding in 1991 has been to provide an informed, organized, and effective voice in public policy issues affecting the search for a cure for Parkinson's disease.
Edinburgh Branch of the Parkinson's Disease Society of the UK
- Services and information for those in the Edinburgh area. Includes news, meetings and activities.
Parkinson's Resources of Oregon
- Provides education, support groups, telephone support, lending library for books and videos, newsletter, exercise program and information on resources available in Oregon and Southern Washington state.
APDA: The Massachusetts Chapter
- Promotes parkinson's awareness in the Boston community. Information about the organization as well as the disease itself, contact details and links.
Parkinson's Disease Society
- Support, advice and information to people with Parkinson's in the UK, their carers, families and friends. Also provides assistance to health and social services professionals involved in management and care.
American Parkinson Disease Association
- Focuses on research, patient support, education and raising public awareness of PD.
Maine Parkinson Society
- MEPS is a 501c3 non-profit dedicated to improving the quality of life of Maine people with Parkinson’s disease. Find news, events, and projects.
World Parkinson Congress
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to providing an international forum for the best scientific discoveries, medical practices and caregiver initiatives related to Parkinson's disease.
The Parkinson's Appeal
- A charity to fund the procedure known as Deep Brain Stimulation, a new treatment to alleviate the symptoms of Parkinson's disease. Includes coping with PD, having the operation, eyewitness reports, and research.
Parkinson Foundation of Canada
- Details on this not for profit, charitable organization that raises money through corporate sponsorships, public donations, and planned gifts to help find the cause and a cure for this disease.
- Clinical trials corporation that specializes in neurological diseases.
PADRECC: Parkinson's Disease Research, Education, and Clinical Center
- Network supports six facilities located in Portland/Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, Richmond, and Philadelphia.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the