DMOZ Internet Directory
Conditions and Diseases
Inflammation of the coverings of the brain and/or spinal cord.
[ Submit ]
- Support site for this inflammatory condition, written by a sufferer.
Meningitis Research Foundation
- Includes information on symptoms, diagnosis, after effects, scientific research and on support for those who have experienced the disease.
The Meningitis Research Foundation of Canada
- Information about the organization and its mission and events. Includes data about the disease, news and the different types.
Medinfo - Meningitis
- Information on the symptoms and signs, what to do and where to go for further information, from Medinfo.co.uk
National Meningitis Association
- A nonprofit organization founded by parents to educate parents, students, health professionals and public policy makers about the dangers of meningococcal disease and vaccination efforts.
Arachnoiditis Yahoo Group
- Discussion group for sufferers of inflammation of the arachnoid mater.
- Non-profit organisation supporting families affected by bacterial meningitis.
Meningitis Vaccine Project
- Mission is to eliminate epidemic meningitis as a public health problem in sub-Saharan Africa through the development, testing, introduction, and widespread use of conjugate meningococcal vaccines. Features press releases and disease information.
The McKenzie Meningitis Foundation
- Promotes education and awareness of a vaccine-preventable disease.
WHO: Meningococcal Disease
- Includes news releases, fact sheets, and articles.
eMedicine - Staphylococcal Meningitis
- Dr. Lawrence Zumo reports on this form of bacterial meningitis infection often linked to neurosurgery, trauma, and compromised immune system.
NHS Choices: Meningitis
- Provides information on this . Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
- Dr. Marjorie Lazoff offers a detailed clinical report on its causes, symptoms, and treatment. Includes information on bacterial meningitis diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- List of publications with several hyperlinked fulltexts and photomicrograph documentation on primary amoebic meningoencephalitis in man in the Czech republic and experiments with Naegleria fowleri - the causative agent.
eMedicine Health - Meningitis in Children
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
eMedicine Health - Meningitis in Adults
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of this potentially life-threatening infection of the meninges—the tough layer of tissue that surrounds the brain and the spinal cord.
- Information about meningitis and meningococcal disease, what research is taking place and what support is offered to sufferers by this global charity.
- Factsheet on this infection, including its epidemiology, causes, presentation, differential diagnosis, investigation, management, prognosis and prevention.
- Directory of news, articles, and factsheets.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Encephalitis and Encephalomyelitis
Conditions and Diseases : Neurological Disorders : Infections
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the