DMOZ Internet Directory
Conditions and Diseases
Osteoporosis is a condition where the bones become thin and fragile, increasing the chance of breaking following even minor injury. Osteoporosis is a disease of ageing and, although commoner in women, can occur in both sexes.
[ Submit ]
- Charitable organization's site provides up-to-date information on the risks, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Charity supporting research and public education to reduce the incidence and improve the management of this condition. Includes information materials for various different audiences.
National Osteoporosis Foundation
- Fighting osteoporosis and promoting bone health. Includes news, resources for patients and professionals, and information on advocacy and prevention.
Osteoporosis and Bone Physiology
- Educational site for patients and physicians discusses the condition and its diagnosis, treatment, and underlying physiology.
National Osteoporosis Society
- The only UK national charity dedicated to eradicating osteoporosis and promoting bone health in both men and women.
- Easy to understand information for patients on osteoporosis.
- Information about osteoporosis on a women's health website. Includes bone growth, risk factors, a bone-building checklist, and preventing falls and hip fractures.
Osteoporosis Education Project
- Details about OEP and its program which focuses on natural programs that will prevent, halt, and reverse osteoporosis. Includes a newsletter, research, calendar of events and contact details.
- Analysis of how various nutrients affect osteoporosis.
New Mexico Clinical Research & Osteoporosis Center
- Special interest in clinical research, osteoporosis care, and bone density testing. Includes links patient and healthcare information.
Bone Health for Life
- Practical advice to improve bone health.
The Osteoporosis Nutritionist
- Information on individualized nutrition and lifestyle consulting services.
Australian Bone Density Testing Centre
- Information on done density testing and education to assess risk of fracture and prevention.
RadiologyInfo: Bone Densitometry
- Information on what to expect for this diagnostic procedure.
International Osteoporosis Foundation
- IOF is a non-profit organisation which advocates the early prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related bone diseases.
Foundation for Movement Intelligence
- FMI is an organization dedicated to promoting the world's best movement practices in the service of osteoporosis prevention and reversal. Sponsors Bones for Life education, training, and research in North America.
- Features a weblog containing a day to day living plan for women diagnosed with Osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis Treatment Advice
- A weblog that aims to give in-depth analysis of the osteoporosis syndrome and offers a forum for visitors to talk about their condition.
eMedicine Health - Osteoporosis
- Information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
National Institute of Health - Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases
- Information to health care professionals, patients and the public about metabolic bone diseases.
NIAMS: Osteoporosis in Men
- Information on causes, risk factors, treatments and prevention.
Osteoporosis Solutions and Therapy
- Provides information on this disease, its signs and symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, pathogenesis, treatment, prognosis, epidemiology and prevention.
- Links to resources for this disease.
Mayo Clinic: Osteoporosis
- Information on risk-factors, prevention and treatment of osteporosis.
- Provides information on this progressive systemic skeletal disease including its epidemiology, risk factors, presentation, investigations, management, treatment and prognosis.
Boning Up on Osteoporosis
- Article on this condition and on a study to determine whether the consumption of sulfur-containing animal proteins caused bone resorption.
The Osteoporosis Center
- Includes discussions on diagnosis, complications, treatments and newest osteoporosis drugs discussed.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Nutrition : Nutrients : Vitamins and Minerals
Pharmacy : Drugs and Medications : C
Health : Women's Health
Also Available in These Languages
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the