DMOZ Internet Directory
Conditions and Diseases
Control and Prevention, Organizations, Research, ...
Dracunculiasis, Toxocariasis, Trichinosis
[ Submit ]
Netherlands Society for Parasitology
- Provide general information about the organization, and information on Dutch activities related to parasitic diseases of humans and animals.
- Dedicated to finding effective solutions for bird mite infestation of humans and their environment. Includes a FAQs, strategies, research and a forum.
eMedicine - Balantidiasis : Article by Valda M Chijide, MD
- Balantidium coli is a ciliated protozoan, and it is also the largest human protozoan. It is known to parasitize the colon.
eMedicine - Sarcosporidiosis : Article by Raphael J Kiel, MD
- Sarcosporidiosis (Sarcocystis infection) is caused by an intracellular protozoan parasite that predominantly affects animals. It can rarely be found in human skeletal and cardiac muscle when humans are the intermediate or accidental host. Humans can also serve as the definitive host for this parasite after ingesting the cysts in raw or undercooked beef or pork.
eMedicine - Intestinal Protozoal Diseases
- Article by Enrique Chacon-Cruz, MD.
eMedicine - Isosporiasis
- Article by Venkat R Minnaganti, MD.
BadBugs: Dientamoeba fragilis and Blastocystis hominis
- A patient describes her own story and provides information on a number of intestinal parasites, their diagnosis, symptoms, treatment and medical management.
- Information about African trypanosomiasis, Chagas disease and leishmaniasis, their causative agents, life cycle, disease manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and control.
Blood and Tissue Protozoa
- Provides information on the pathogenic protozoa that can be found in the blood and tissues of humans, in each case providing the identity of the organism, the vector and details of the disease caused.
NHS Choices: Pubic Lice
- Provides information on these skin parasites. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
- Includes factsheets on head, body, and pubic lice and the conditions they cause, news releases, and reports.
CDC: Body Lice Fact Sheet
- Includes insect information, symptoms, and treatment.
CDC: Dientamoeba fragilis Infection
- Includes factsheets on the flagellate protozoan parasite and the disease it causes, news releases, and reports.
Ectoparasites and Endoparasites
- Academic links and information about Fasciola (liver flukes) and parasitic zoonoses.
- Provides information on the research being undertaken into diseases caused by parasitic tapeworms, roundworms and flukes.
eMedicine - Lice
- Article by Wayne Wolfram, MD, MPH.
The Merck Manual: Parasitic Infection
- Provides detailed information on each of these diseases, including their symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
CDC DPDx - Parasites and Health
- Factsheets on intestinal and blood-borne parasites.
CDC DPDx: Cystoisosporiasis
- Factsheet with causal agents, life cycle, geographic distribution, clinical features, laboratory diagnosis and treatment.
- Addresses the biology, infections, disease and control of filariasis, onchocerciasis, and guinea worm.
Parasites & Vectors
- Open access, peer-reviewed electronic journal dealing with the biology of parasites, parasitic diseases, intermediate hosts, vectors and vector-borne pathogens.
MedlinePlus: Parasitic Diseases
- Directory of factsheets, press releases, and articles.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the