DMOZ Internet Directory
Conditions and Diseases
Ear, Nose and Throat
Nose and Paranasal Sinuses
The nose is a protuberance in vertebrates that houses the nostrils, or nares, which admit and expel air for respiration. The paranasal sinuses are eight (four pairs) air-filled spaces, or sinuses, within the bones of the skull and face.
[ Submit ]
Foreign Body in Nose
- What to do and what not to do when a foreign object is in the nose.
European Position Paper on Rhinosinusitis and Nasal Polyps 2007
- European guidance on the treatment of acute and chronic rhinosinusitis and nasal polyposis for professionals.
- Dr. T. Balasubramanian provides an educational site for medical students covering many of the conditions that affect the nose and sinuses.
Rhinology International Journal
- Official Organ of the International Rhinologic Society. The journal publishes original papers on basic research and clinical studies in the major field of rhinology, including physiology, diagnostics, pathology, immunology, medical therapy and surgery of both the nose and paranasal sinuses.
- Provides an overview of this condition characterized by acute hemorrhage from the nose, its pathophysiology, clinical signs, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
- Nasal polyps are non-cancerous growths occurring in the nose or sinuses. This article provides information on the problems they cause and the treatments available.
RadiologyInfo: Computed Tomography of the Sinuses
- Learn what patients might experience, how to prepare for the procedure and the benefits versus the risks.
eMedicine Health - Foreign Body, Nose
- Consumer health resource center providing the symptoms and treatment of this common problem.
eMedicine Health - Nosebleeds
- Presents the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
NHS Choices: Catarrh
- Provides information on this excessive build-up of mucus in one of the airways. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
NHS Choices: Nasal Polyps
- Provides information on these fleshy swellings that grow from the lining of the nose or sinuses. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
NHS Choices: Nosebleed
- Provides information on why nosebleeds occur and when they should be considered more serious.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Smell and Taste
Health : Senses
Health : Conditions and Diseases
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the