DMOZ Internet Directory
This category is for computer hardware or hardware-related projects developed and licensed openly and freely.
[ Submit ]
- Seeks to design and publish core designs under a license for hardware modelled on the Lesser General Public License (LGPL) for software.
- Site has a searchable index of many designs, tools and manufacturers.
- Several open source reference designs, based on 8-bit AVR, ARM7 and ARM9. All schematics and the CAD data are published as open source hardware.
- Embedded system based on ATMEL AT91M40800 processor and Network Card based on Crystal CS8900A.
Ronja (Reasonable Optical Near Joint Access)
- Optical point-to-point data link.
DAISY: Dynamically Architected Instruction Set from Yorktown
- Goals: make VLIW and other novel ILP architectures fully compatible with common extant architectures such as PowerPC, x86, S/390, and Java Virtual Machine.
- Develops BUG: modular software and hardware platform, web-enabled, set of pre-matched components: color screen, camera (video enabled), GPS, accelerometer; snap together, no soldering. Open source.
- A project working on cameras and imaging solutions with Free software and open hardware. Contains a list of products along with their prices and documentation.
- Free USB programmer for PIC micros, I2C EEPROMs and other devices. Control applications for Windows and GNU/Linux are provided along with their source code.
- Open-source electronic prototyping platform allowing to create interactive electronic objects.
Open Compute Project
- Specifications and design documents for the custom-built servers, racks, and other equipment used in Facebook's data centers.
OSC and MIDI Foot Controllers
- Open hardware design of OSC (Open Sound Control) and MIDI foot controllers, primarily targeted for use with SooperLooper.
Open Source PIC
- Open source projects and software stacks for Microchip PIC microcontrollers.
LPC4350-DB1 Development Board
- LPC4350 based development board with open source schematics and software examples.
- Produces and sells various development boards and publishes all the source code and design sheets under free licenses.
- Development platform for the ST SPEAR 1340 MPU. It consists of Computer-on-Module (COM) and Single Board Computer (SBC). Schematics, documentation and Linux distribution is available for download.
USB PIC Bootloader PIC-BOOT
- A resident open source bootloader for PIC18 microcontrollers. It allows you to program a new firmware application image into the chip using the standard USB connectivity of your device.
I2C Interface Applications
- Website contains the theoretical information on I2C interface, practical designs and open source examples.
USB I2C Adapters
- USB I2C Interface Adapters with open source schematics and GUI applications.
[ Submit ]
above to Add a New Site, Update a Site, or Remove a Site from this Category.
Computers : Hardware
This directory is made available through a Creative Commons Attribution license from the